Chapter 3

Chuckling to herself, Trisha walked over to Liam who was talking to Safaa, "Saf, darling go and have your breakfast, your Baba is waiting for you."

Just as Safaa left. Trisha took this moment to ask Liam "How is Zayn with you?"

Liam sighed, "Well, apart from being rude and arrogant, he was good."

"I hope you know that Zayn is a good person, but yeah it's going to be tough. He wasn't like this, he was lively, cheerful. He was a different person when he was with Niall. And I know that you can bring the old Zayn back."

"Niall?" Liam asked being confused.

"Zayn's first love. I met him only a few times, but he was a good person, he made my son happy. And being a mother I want my children to be happy." Trisha replied, with a small smile on her face.

"If they loved each other so much, then why didn't they get married?" Liam asked.

"Niall's parents were against the marriage. They didn't want their son to get married to someone who is half Pakistani. And you know how things work. Zayn couldn't do anything."

"So Zayn...he just changed! Just like that?" Liam asked in utter disbelief.

"Zayn planned everything with Niall. He loved him so much that he even changed a lot of things about him too."

Liam listened intently and was supposed to say but Waliyha came down and took Trisha with her.

Liam went to his room thinking that if he will Zayn ever love him the way he loved Niall? Will he ever see the old Zayn? He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't know when Zayn came back a few hours later.

*****

It's been a week since they have moved to their new apartment which is 30 minutes from Malik Mansion. It was a four-bedroom apartment which Liam was glad because now he can sleep in a bed and not on a couch.

Liam strolled around the township and found a small supermarket, a medical shop and a few other shops which Liam was happy about. After walking around for an hour he came back to the apartment. It was empty, he remembered how Zayn left for office without even looking at him. And that's when he realised how his life is going to be from now on.

Trying not to think about it, he took his luggage from the living room and went to the guest room. Why guestroom and not any other room because Zayn told -more like ordered him to- take anyone of the room as he will be taking the Master Bedroom.

And well, the room wasn't that bad, Liam thought, as he looked around the room. Opening his trolley, he started setting them in the walk-in closet, once he was done with setting the clothes he went to the kitchen and started cooking for himself. After lunch, he went to the living room and switched the T.V and continued watching it until Zayn came back.

"Do you want something?" Liam asked.

And got ignored.

"Shall I get you a cup of tea?"

Ignored.

"Coffee?"

And ignored yet again. Well, if that's what Zayn wants then it's ok.

Liam went to the kitchen and started preparing dinner for them, not having an idea what to make, he opted for some spaghetti and meatballs. When he was done with the dinner he went to Zayn's room to call him for dinner.

Liam is standing outside Zayn's room for 5 minutes thinking if he should go ahead and call him or he should ignore him the way Zayn ignored him earlier. He muttered a small 'fuck it' and knocked on the door, and poked his head inside when he heard a 'come in'.

Zayn was sitting on his bed working on his laptop, Liam took his time to look around the room, he found the room quite cosy yet quite cold and Liam liked every bit of it except the brown bedsheets.

"If you are done looking around my room, then I would like to know what brings you here?" Zayn asked not looking up from his laptop.

"Just came to tell you that dinner is ready" Liam informed him.

"I'll be down in a few, you can start with your dinner" Zayn replied.

"No, I'll wait for you" with that said Liam walked out of the room.

Liam is waiting for Zayn in the dining room for about half an hour and he is hungry. While Zayn was in his room talking to someone and forgot that Liam was waiting for him. When Zayn came down, he saw Liam waiting for him he felt bad, he didn't mean to make Liam wait, but he did, well it wasn't his fault he was habituated to living alone, and he will need some time to get adapted with his husband.

"I am sorry, I made you wait," Zayn said while sitting on his chair.

"It's ok. Let's eat I am starving."

"You should have eaten if you were so hungry. Why did you wait for me?"

"Umm. I don't like eating alone." Liam mumbled while serving the spaghetti.

"Then I guess you should try eating alone, I won't always be home to have dinner with you," Zayn said, taking a bite of the meatball, to which Liam just shrugged.

After dinner, Liam was doing the dishes, when he saw Zayn entering the kitchen with his empty plate, and he was about to wash the plate, when Liam said, "Leave it. I'll do it."

"It's ok," Zayn said.

Liam just stood there watching him. After Zayn was done, they left the kitchen, Zayn went towards his room, while Liam went to the living room and checked for any movie DVDs in the stand below, and pouted when he found none. He made a mental note to bring his house.

Oh how much he missed his house, his family, he misses the silly banters he used to have with his sisters, he misses Louis. Sighing, he went to his room and laid down on his bed, only to realise that he didn't have a blanket. He searched his wardrobe and nope there wasn't one.

He didn't have any other option but to ask Zayn. He knocked on Zayn's door and waited for him to open the door. When the door opened and Liam opened his mouth but Zayn beat him with "You are not sleeping here."

Liam gave him a poker look and said "Do you have any extra blanket in your room? I couldn't find any in my room"

Zayn frowned and went towards his closet, when he found one, he gave it to Liam, he muttered a 'thanks and goodnight' and left the room.

Liam went to his room, arranged the bed, changed in tee and boxers, laid in the bed and drifted off.

*********

Here's chapter 3.

Hope you like it.