Chapter-34

Hi peeps.

How are ya guys?

I am back after ignoring everything and everyone. The reason I am not on my best days. I haven't been feeling like doing anything. Everything has been so stressful.

Anyways...here is a chapter for you guys. Oh and next chap there will be a small surprise for ya guys.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

Liam had no idea how the past few days passed by and before he knew it was 11th January meaning its Zayn’s birthday the next day. He spent the whole day thinking 'bout what he could give a man who literally has everything.

When he asked Zayn this morning what he wants for his birthday gift he said “I’ll cherish everything you give even if it’s a simple tee.” That OBVIOSLY didn’t help.

He then called Harry, “Boo your husband is head over heels for you, he will love anything you give, but I would say you can get him a ring or bracelet that he can wear every day and give him a sweet kiss at midnight. He will love it.” And Liam thought of doing what Harry suggested him to.

So after lunch, he went to Harry’s Bakery and from there they both went shopping, though they went for Liam but Harry also ended up buying something for Lou which Liam whined ‘bout saying that Lou got so many gifts on his birthday, Christmas and on New Years, but well…once he reached home he hid the gifts in his wardrobe where he was sure Zayn wouldn’t know. And went to the kitchen and made a small cake for him and kept it in the refrigerator when it was ready.

When Zayn came home that evening they had their dinner and retired to their room. Zayn was quick to drift off whereas Liam he kept his eyes on the clock and waited for it to strike 12. When he saw 11:55 he untangled himself from Zayn and went to the kitchen to get the cake. When he came back to the room he kept the cake on the bedside table and started shaking Zayn to wake him up.

“What Li?” Zayn asked groggily, rubbing his eyes, blinking 'em a few times.

“Happy Birthday, Baby” Once Zayn heard he didn’t mind waking up.

“Thank you, love”

“Here, cut the cake,” Liam said holding the cake in front of Zayn.  He took the knife and cut the cake and they fed each other. Zayn then took the rest of the cake and kept it on the bedside table and turned to Liam, then he took his fingers and started licking ‘em clean making Liam giggle. Once it was done, he cupped Liam’s face and pulled him for a kiss.  When they pulled out of the kiss, Liam went and kept the cake back in the refrigerator. And came back cuddled to his husband, who pressed a kiss on his hair and held him closer, and that’s how they drifted off.

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Right now Liam is on his way to Malik Corp. Trisha called him an hour ago saying that they (Zayn and him) are invited to the Malik Mansion for Zayn’s Birthday party and that Zayn knows ‘bout it. Zayn called him saying him to get another suit for him as he can’t go all way back to their apartment and also they both can go from there as well.

“Hi, excuse me.”

“Good evening sir. How can I help you?” the receptionist whose name Liam could read ‘Samantha Steele’ asked.

“Can you tell me where can I find Zayn Malik at this moment”

“Do you have an appointment with him, sir?” she asked.

“Well, I don’t. But he knows that I will be visiting him.”

“Well, in that case can I see your visiting card please.”

“I don’t have one"

"Well, I am sorry sir. I am afraid I can't let you go in"

"Can you call Zayn and let him know that I am here?"

"Sorry Sir, Mr Malik-" She was cut off by Charlie.

“Liam?”

Liam turned around when he heard his name called, “Charlie! Hi, how are ya?” he asked while hugging the lad.

“I am good. You look really good in a suit. Here to see Z?” Liam blushed at the compliment and nodded at the question, “Where is he?”

Charlie faced the receptionist and asked the same question Liam asked him.

“Sir, Mr Malik is in the Board Room having a video conference with the Canadian delegates. But I assume-” she stopped to check the time “-he will be done in half an hour or so”

“Why don’t ya wait in his cabin, while I go and inform him you are here,” Charlie asked Liam after he thanked the receptionist.

“It’s ok Charles, I’ll wait here and do you mind giving him this while you are going there.” Holding the bag he was carrying.

“Ok.”

Once Charlie left he sighed and sat down on the light blue couch that was there on the left side of the reception table with a round centre table, and started waiting for his husband while he went through the few magazines that were kept there. He flipped through the pages reading the articles that were ‘bout his husband, while he was at it he could hear some murmurs and gossip ‘bout his husband which he chose to ignore.

“Hey, love!”

“Hi, Zee” Liam greeted his husband who was looking good as always.

“What ya got there?” Zayn asked nodding towards the magazine on Liam’s lap, but Liam just shrugged and got up from where was and walked towards his husband who was quick to wrap his arm around his waist.

“You look good.” Liam complimented while dusting off the imaginary dust from his shoulder.

“This is the second time I am seeing you in a suit and I don’t think so that I will ever get o’er with it. You look smashing in it.” Zayn murmured.

“Mhmm… let's go.”

“Let Charlie come. He is also joining us at the party. Are the Paynes coming?”

“I don’t know.” He mumbled.

“And wha’ ‘ bout Lou and Haz?” Zayn asked and Liam shrugged, keeping his head on Zayn’s shoulder, making Zayn worry.

“Liam. Baby. What’s wrong? You look…nervous? You are worrying me.”

“I am ok.”

And Zayn opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by Charlie, “Let’s go. You guys go in Zayn’s car I’ll follow you guys and join you there.”

All the way to the Malik mansion, Liam was quiet and Zayn didn’t know the reason, he asked a few times but Liam said that he was ok, just a little tired, but Zayn didn’t buy it, he knew that something is going on in his head but didn’t force him much cause he knows that Liam will tell him when he s ready. 

When they entered the Maliks, Zayn was engulfed in a big hug by his sisters followed by his parents, his in-laws and last was Louis. It would be a lieif he said  that he enjoyed the party because all his attention was on his husband who was either standing with Harry or was with Safaa or with Loki.