Chapter -9

Over the past few days, Zayn noticed how sad and dull Liam was, he looked more sad and broken. He wanted to ask what made him like that, all of a sudden. He was more of a robot than a human being, it was Thursday evening when Zayn saw Liam sitting on the floor of the balcony with his back to the glass door, staring at the sky, when he got a phone call, he talked for a while and cut the call. A few minutes later he got another call. He was perplexed to see him talking. He saw him through the glass he seemed to be in a better spirit but still sad.

On the other hand, Liam got a call from Andy, it's been a long time since they talked.

"Happy Birthday Lili"

"I hate you"

"Hey, that's not what you say when someone wishes you on your birthday. And I know you don't"

"You didn't care about me. If only once did you call me just to know how I was. Once you left for the States and never cared to look back."

"I m so sorry Lili, and I missed you too."

"I never said that I missed you"

"But I know that you did. Anyway, how did Zayn celebrate your birthday, he must be all excited? This is your first birthday with him."

And that one line was enough to make him sad AGAIN. That one line he was hearing from all the people who called him. He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Andy say "Lee, you there buddy?"

"Yeah. it's good. Enough of me, tell me about your life in States, how is it? How are the peoples out there?" He changed the subject and was relieved when Andy didn't catch on to that.

"It's good here, but I guess I should have stayed with my family, man!! It gets boring here sometimes."

"Yeah, should've stayed here," Liam said with a forced laugh.

He heard Andy say 'Yeah be there in a min' to someone.

"Lee, I'll call you back later, yeah. Gotta go"

"Yeah sure. Bye"

While Liam talked to Andy, Zayn kept looking at him. Though he couldn't hear what they were talking about, he knew that Liam was talking to someone very close he saw many emotions run through Liam's face in a matter of seconds.

"Who were you talking to?" Zayn found himself asking.

"Andy. My best friend." Liam said with a smile.

"The one from States" he added when he saw Zayn frowning. Zayn went back to his room and so did Liam. He has no idea how the day passed, but glad tha it passed away very soon, now he was lying on the bed and was thinking about his past life.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

The next day Liam was surprised to see his dad, Louis and Harry sitting in the living room. He ran towards them and hugged his dad and then he hugged Harry. He pulled out of the hug and threw himself on Louis who stumbled a bit but steadied himself chuckling and hugging Liam tightly.

"Li, are you crying?" Louis asked when he heard Liam sniff.

"No. Ok, yes, I am crying." He chuckles.

"I missed you guys and when did you come back from Spain?" Liam asked Larry. When he visited his mum last month she informed him that they went to Spain on vacation because Louis was 'stressed' and wanted some time off.

"It's been a week since we came back" Harry replied.

"And this is for you," Harry said handing him a bag.

"What is this for?" Liam asked still confused.

"It's your birthday present, Boo," Harry told him.

Liam gulped. And he gulped loud enough for Zayn to hear. He saw a flicker of surprise in Zayn's eyes.

"You guys didn't have to." He said.

"You are saying NO to birthday presents. What have you done to my brother, Zayn." Louis fake gasped.

Liam and Harry rolled their eyes at him. Zayn heard Liam muttering 'Drama Queen' under his breath, he let out a small laugh at this.

"So, what did Liam make you buy for him. I am sure that he didn't take a no as an answer." Geoff asked Zayn.

"I– I–" Zayn stammered and looked at Liam for some help.

"We ordered a camera. It will be here by next week " Liam said saving Zayn from the awkwardness.

"Wow! I want to say that I am proud of your convincing skills" Harry said.

"Convincing skills? You mean the 'puppy eyes, and the pout' he throws whenever he wants something, Haz." Louis scoffed and laughed when Liam threw a cushion at him. He missed how Zayn was smiling at the interaction between the two.

They talked for a while and the time seemed to pass much to Liam's dismay. Harry and Geoff left but Louis stayed back saying that he doesn't have anything to do and wanted to have 'bro time' with Liam. And Zayn also left after 'em.

Right now Louis and Liam are in his room, while Zayn is in the office.

"How are you, babe? And no lies. I expect the truth." Louis asked sitting on the side of Liam's bed. Just as the words left Louis' mouth Liam couldn't help but cry. Not able to contain the pain, he told him what he has been going through since the beginning. He sobbed hard as Louis held him. It would be a lie to say that Louis wasn't angry at Zayn, if it wasn't for Liam he would have killed Zayn. No one hurts Liam like that. Now Liam is crying holding him. Soon Liam fell asleep due to exhaustion. Louis kissed Liam's forehead and left the place a little while later.

Zayn came back and found the house quiet, there was no sound of the TV and Liam wasn't in sight. Zayn frowned but shrugged it thinking that maybe Liam was in his room. He was on his way to his room but stopped and turned and walked towards Liam's room. He knocked on the door, he poked his head in when he didn't get a reply. As he entered the room he found one of the cutest sight. Liam is tangled in the sheets, snuggling to the pillow. He might have taken a few pictures but no one needs to know that.

"Liam" he patted his cheeks, in an attempt to wake him up. But Liam just mumbled something about incoherence and covered his face with the blanket. Zayn gave a small laugh at that.

"Liam, Liam wake up."

"Lemme sleep, Lou."

"Liam James Payne. I said WAKE UP RIGHT NOW!" and snatched the blanket.

" Jesus Christ! What the fuck is your pro–" he trailed off when he saw Zayn who had an eyebrow raised.

"What are you doing here? And where's Lou?" he asked rubbing his eyes, blinking his eyes trying to adjust to the light.

"I came here to wake you up and I don't know about Louis, you should know where is he"

Liam hummed and took his phone to call Lou when Zayn said "Why didn't you tell me about your birthday?"

"I thought it doesn't matter" Liam replied softly.

"To who? Me?" Zayn pondered and Liam nodded.

"Get ready we are going out for dinner."

"Going out? But why?" Liam asked, surprised. Zayn just shrugged.

"You don't like my cooking" he said with a frown on his lips.

"No. I like it. I thought of just going out, and you will get a break from cooking. So get ready we will leave in an hour. Dress fancy" with that Zayn walked out of the room not missing the smile on Liam's face.

Chap -9 is here love.

I love that I am active. Lol!!!