Chapter -22

Liam gaped in horror at 'em, he snapped out when Zayn cleared his throat.

"Liam this is Niall, he will be staying with us for a while now."

"Uh...um..Hi. Please come in." Liam tried to look happy but he was sure he looked like a kicked puppy.

He went to the kitchen and brought water for Zayn and Niall and stood beside Zayn who was sitting a bit away from Niall. He took this moment to look at Niall. And damn boy he is handsome

 And damn boy he is handsome

Liam looked down at his feet, fiddling with his fingers with an nth number of thoughts on his mind.

"Why is he back? And why did Zayn say that he is going to stay with us? Is he gonna live here forever? Wasn't he married? Didn't he end the relationship with Zayn? Oh goodness, he doesn't want to share his husband with another man?"

"I'll go get changed," Zayn mumbled and got up and left the room. Leaving Liam and Niall alone.

"I'll go get something to eat for you, yeah." And Liam just sprinted out of the room. He came back with a bowl of fresh fruits and gave it to Niall, who first denied but eventually accepted it.

“Li, Babe, can you come up to the room?” Zayn asked coming out of his room standing by the railing in the corridor. Liam looked up at him and nodded, he excused himself and went to Zayn’s room. Liam knocked on the door and entered when he heard a faint ‘come in’.

“Liam, you know who he is right?” Zayn asked slowly, from where he was standing.

“Yeah. He is your ex-boyfriend” Liam answered nonchalantly.

“Hmm…so…you won’t mind if he stays with us for a while, right?”

Seriously now? You are asking me this after you bring him to the house? After announcing that he would be staying with us?

That’s what Liam wanted to say but instead, he said “Of course, he can stay. It should be your decision, after all, it’s your apartment. Why are you even-“ He was cut off by Zayn.

“OUR. It’s our apartment, our home.” Zayn said sternly. Liam nodded.

“Can you tell me what’s wrong with him?” Liam asked in a low voice.

“It’s a long story” Zayn sighed

“Well then make it short, he is all alone down there.”

“Problems with Olivia, regarding something that even I don’t know yet. He lost his job last week which worsened the situation between ‘em. His family is in Ireland. He came here to find a job.” Zayn said in a breath.

“Olivia?”

“His wife” Zayn replied dryly.

Ooooooohhh!! Touchy subject’ Liam thought.