Chapter -33

After trying to kill his time by playing board games, watching random shits on TV, laughing his arse off at the comedy videos Niall showed him on his phone, Liam started cooking dinner for Zayn so that he could get it done by the time Zayn comes back home. After he was done he arranged the dishes on the dining table and started waiting for him.

It was around 9 p.m. and Zayn haven't returned home yet, which made him worried so he called him.

"Where are you?" Liam asked when he heard Zayn's voice.

"Still at office Jaan. Don't wait up for me. Have your dinner with Niall. I'll be late."

"All good?"

"Yeah just finishing up some work before everyone goes for the Christmas holidays"

"A'right. Try to come soon and drive carefully."

Liam can see the smile in Zayn's voice " I will. And I know that you won't sleep until I am back, but try to sleep yeah."

"You know I won't be able to" Liam laughed.

"I know. Ok, Bye for now."

"NIALL, COME FOR DINNER" Liam announced as he kept his phone down on the kitchen island.

"And Zayn?"

"He will be late."

It was half-past 11 when Zayn reached home and he wasn't surprised to his lover sitting in front of the TV watching something while waiting for him. Telling Liam to set the dinner he went to the room to freshen up. They had their dinner and soon retired to their room.

"Everything ok? Why are you so silent?" Liam asked when he found his husband lying down while staring at the ceiling, thinking 'bout something.

Cuddling closer to his husband, Zayn wrapped his hand around him, "I was thinking 'bout the changes that happened between us in the last one month."

"Do you like the changes?"

"I love it"

"Then why are you thinking 'bout it?"

"If only I would use some common sense then this would have happened way too soon," Zayn replied with a guilty smile.

"Hey, it's ok. There's no use in lamenting the past."

"I can't help it tho."

"Let's talk 'bout future then. Do you wanna have kids?"

"What?"

"What do you think 'bout kids? Do you wanna have kids?" Liam repeated, slowly this time.

"I heard you the first time pup, but why are you asking this?"

"Umm...Niall showed me some videos of babies and I just thought that.."

"Do you want kids?"

"I do. At some point in the future"

"Hmm...maybe in 3-4 years. Sounds good?"

"Yeah"

"Let's sleep yeah, good night"

"Good night"

_____________________________________

Liam enjoyed Christmas this year, reason?

Well, his husband was with him and so were the people who he grew up with. Zayn had planned a small trip to a cabin that the Maliks owned in midst of woods, which was unknown to Liam and his family. And Liam was more than happy to spend his time with both of his families.

For Louis' birthday, they had a small yet cosy celebration with a little booze and a Vanilla Ice Cream Cake which Harry made and a Banana Cheesecake which Trisha and Karen made. Zayn and Liam gave him tickets to Greece for 5 days 6 nights with his partner.

For Christmas, they spent the morning making Gingerbread cookies, and brownies and the rest of the day they spent playing in the snow (Liam, Louis, Safaa, and Waliyha played and Zayn and Harry just send fond looks to their husbands), and watching movies.

Though Liam got a lot of gifts, Zayn's was his favourite. He got him a Cartier ring which he got personalised for him, which Liam swore that he would never take off. Liam gave him a DK Watch and a Yin-Yang chain. He took the Yin and gave the Yang to Zayn.

When it came to New Year Zayn surprised 'em with a camp night under the stars with a night picnic with a board game or some fun family games that everyone played, with some cool props, music and good food, an ideal way to ring in the new year with family. As the clock struck 12 they kissed their spouses and tucked the kids in. They left for the city the day after New Year's because Niall has to leave for Manchester and Liam was sad, Niall was his only friend after Andy. But Niall promised to call him every day. When they reached their apartment Liam found it empty now with Niall had gone he realised he will be alone again. He couldn't help but pout at it. But it is what it is.

"Hi, love!" Zayn came up to him when he was looking at the city from their balcony.

"Hi"

"What is going on in the tiny mind of yours?" He asked hugging him from behind keeping his chin on Liam's shoulder after pressing a kiss on his cheek.

"I miss Niall."

"Hmm...should I be jealous?"

"No"

"Then ok."

"What is it, Zee?" Liam asked when he sensed that Zayn wants to say something.

"Do you want to start working again? I don't want you to feel that you are toed to me. You can join Dad's company. I won't stop you."

"Do you really want me to start working again?"

"Honestly, no. Call me selfish but I want all of you for myself. I work for both of us and I will give you everything you want, just say it and I'll get it for you, no matter how much it costs. I know you are an independent person who can make your own decisions so this is up to you baby. What do you want? I'll be right behind you to support you."

"I want to stay at home cook for my husband, take care of him, wait for him to come from work so that we both can have dinner together and cuddle while we sleep. Would he want that?"

"He would definitely want that. I love you."

"I love you more."

"I'll let it slide this time."