Chapter 4

You made sure that the alarm clock would function, and prevent a bad day like the one before.

While you were eating your toast with jam and watching tv, you noticed a particular report:

"Fire in the center of Promepolis, Burning Rescue operated successfully"

You noticed however that there weren't Galo or Aina, or the other three members that you heard of.

There were Lio and two other people, probably his ex-lieutenants when he was still a terrorist. Gueira and Meis were their names, you remember.

"It's nice to see that they now stop fires when they used to be the cause of them" you thought smiling.

Inappropriate thought for an ex-Burnish.

You got the keys of your home and headed out.

On your way, you noticed that the pizzeria was open, but there still weren't any customers.

"At least they don't go there every single day" you thought

...

"What do you seriously think I could do with this piece of crap?!"

Your manager was scolding a colleague of yours. And he was scolding them pretty harshly.

You recall that this colleague was also a Burnish. You saw them once going on fire and they begged you not to say a word about it. You obviously promised. You were not some kind of old man who betrays his kin to save his own skin (cough).

And then you started thinking, imagining a dialogue with your colleague "What would you have done when you were still a Burnish? Would you have killed him?"

Then you felt something hit your head.

"Are you even listening? The same thing I said also goes for you!"

Now he was scolding you.

...

You had to resist the urge of getting another pizza to console yourself.

Quitting work would have meant saying that you didn't value. Which you know wasn't true.

And then, you saw them. Again. Eating pizza.

You observed them with a poker face.

Galo and Lio eating pizza with another guy, a massive guy who looked like he possessed great strenght. Even though only Galo and that guy were eating.

"Did Lio eat something at all from yesterday?" you thought worried, recalling him at the news.

"Well, if they manage to eat this much pizza, it means that they can afford it" you shrugged your shoulders and continued on your way.

Then Galo suddenly blocked you

"When did he even get out of the pizzeria?!" you thought surprised.

He smiled and said "You're the girl from yesterday! I saw you stopping here in the middle of the street in the middle of your thoughts and wanted to thank you even more for what you did for Aina"

Aw, he has such a big heart.

"Do you want to come inside for a while? We are almost finished but if you want we can stay a bit longer!"

He what now?

You didn't know how, but you suddenly finished with them in their table. And Lio kept staring at you.

"What a creep"