Chapter 26

It was dark.

Were you in a sort of void?

It was dark, and silent.

But you didn't mind.

You opened your eyes only to be greeted by nothing.

Did you die? You hoped not.

You felt like you were about to fall asleep.

But suddenly, you felt your skin burning.

Fire.

Fire surrounding your figure.

You opened your eyes, in disbelief. You could create flames? Apparently yes

"Hello" you heard behind you

You turned your head and were greeted by a petite figure.

He looked like he was 13 years old.

It was Lio.

"Lio?" you asked, just to be sure this boy was him.

He nodded.

It was weird. Why was he a teenager in that place?

"We're in your subconscious" he said, understanding your comprehensible confusion.

"You're currently in a hospital bed, with my older self desperately waiting for you to wake up" he continued.

Were you in a sort of coma?

"No, you aren't. The memories flowing back in your head all of a sudden made you faint really hard, but I wouldn't say you're in a coma" he answered without you asking him that question "you'll wake up when you'll want to"

So that's how things were.

You remained silent for some seconds, and then made him questions. Questions about the situation.

"Lio, why am I here?"

"Hm. Yeah, why are you here?" he continued, rethorically. "You didn't remember everything, that's why you're here"

There was something else?

"Watch this" he said.

Memories flew back into your head, suddenly remembering everything.

Instead of a void, you now found yourself in your old room in your old apartment.

It was some months after the incident.

Your younger self was observing papers. She wasn't sure about what to draw.

Suddenly, she picked green and purple pencils, and started colouring.

What was she drawing?

When she finished the drawing, you were left in shock.

She drew Lio in an amethyst. Like you did in the ruins during your "holiday".

"That's why you suddenly remembered the incident when you picked the drawing, right when you were about to confess" Lio said, noticing your disbelief.

"So I never really forgot about you?"

"Well, you did actually, when the incident happened again"

He showed you another memory, and this time, you were in the park. You looked a little bit older. You must have been 16 years old probably.

You were wandering alone. Ever since the accident you always looked like you were always thinking about something. You felt distant from the real world.

You were walking, when you stumbled across the park.

You entered it without knowing, and found your tree.