Chapter 5

"Hey Galo" you asked.

"Yeah, what is it, Y/N?" he answered.

"Do you know why Lio keeps staring at me?"

1 hour before...

"You're an artist? That's amazing!" said that massive man from before, called Varys.

You don't know how but you've been telling them about your life. Particularly ignoring your Burnish experience. Even if this was over, you still didn't want people to know.

"I wonder how Lio feels about his childhood and when he became a Burnish"

Lio Lio Lio

Why are your thoughts always about Lio?

Until now, he didn't say a single word. But then, he talked for the first time, and you listened to his smooth voice.

"What did you use to do when you were a kid?"

Did he just-

Your childhood literally revolved around you being a Burnish and hiding it. Why that specific question?

You catch a lie as you always do and keep talking. However, there's something in his eyes, something that makes you acknowledge that he knows you're lying.

You freeze at that thought.

"Hey Y/N, everything okay?" Varys asked.

You snapped out of your thoughts and said yes.

"We are going to go Y/N. Do you want to come with us? I'm sure Aina would be glad to meet you again" Galo asked.

You said yes. Luckily, the next day was sunday, and according to the previsions, today would have been a sunny day, so you could have gone calmly to your house afterwards. On the way however, you privately asked Galo something:

"Hey Galo" you asked.

"Yeah? What is it Y/N?" he answered.

"Do you know why Lio keeps staring at me?"

Galo stared at you for a second, then at Lio and then at you again.

"Honestly, I never noticed" he said "He never stares at girls"

Why me then, you think.

"Maybe it's because you're a really pretty girl!" he said

You pouted your cheeks. You're not used to people flirting with you. And then you almost see for a second Lio's death glare towards Galo.

And then you all reach Burning Rescue. You don't know why, but you almost feel observed. And it's not Lio this time.