Chapter 15

On the way back home, he didn't say a word.

You wanted to clear things out with him, tell him that you went to the city just for him because you were scared for him.

And then you arrived home.

He still helped you hop off the motorbike, but still, he didn't say a word even then.

You helped him take in the groceries, and started speaking.

"Lio..."

"Why did you do that?"

He turned around to face you, half angry, half sad.

"Did you know how bad I was worried for you?! I thought someone took you away from me! I searched for you throughout all the city!" he said.

You were astonished.

"Why did you go to the city without me? Was there someone you wanted to meet? Was there something you needed? You could have told me! We would go there together, whatever is your need" he said "You just had to tell me..."

Doesn't he realise that you were worried for him?

"Please, just tell me why" he said

"I was worried for you!" you screamed

The fact that he didn't even think about the possibility of you getting worried for him made you angry.

"Do you know how much time had passed since you said goodbye to me?! I was afraid that something had happened to you!" you said, almost crying "Why don't you realise that I care for you and that if something happens to you I will search for you everywhere until I find you?!"

He was speechless. He looked like he just realised something he didn't expect.

Something snapped inside you, and tears started flooding out of your eyes.

You turned around your head, you didn't want him to see you cry.

He definitely felt guilty now. You had good intentions, and he didn't think right.

He pulled you in for a hug, your chin resting on his shoulder.

He was caressing your head, to make you relax.

"I'm sorry" he said "I didn't realise you cared that much for me"

"And honestly, I was worried. I care so much for you that I did the same thing when I didn't find you here: I searched for you until I found you. I was worried that you wouldn't do the same" he added.

You looked at him, stunned. But he was smiling.

"I'm happy you care for me"

You closed your eyes, resting again your chin on his shoulder, while he was rubbing your back.

You almost fell asleep there. Lio had noticed this, and he took you to your room, carrying you like a kid.

He put you under the blankets, and you quickly fell asleep. You surely ran quickly on the way to Promepolis.

Lio stood there and observed you, to ensure that you were alright, and kissed you on your cheek.

He was about to leave the room when he noticed a painting.

It was a painting of you two, staring at the volcano. Lio was holding your waist and you were pointing at the volcano.

Lio was deeply moved.

He now knew how much your style had changed since your first drawing of him.

He hugged the painting, colours completely dried. He could feel your soul within the drawing.

He now didn't want to leave your room. He wanted to stay with you.

He grabbed a chair and sat down next to your bed. He grabbed your hand and squeezed it.

He wouldn't leave you for anything else.

He would make you remember your past times spent together, and even if you didn't remember, you would create together new memories.