Chapter 24

"...do you want to go to a picnic?"

You immediately said yes, like you had waited for that question for so long.

Lio was surprised to see you answer that quickly and so enthusiastically. Well, it was still night, so he was surprised to see you full of energy.

But that was something he liked of you.

...

You liked the idea of the picnic.

This was also the perfect opportunity to express your feelings.

You still had to give him your amethyst painting. Luckily it didn't get ruined when you walked under the rain. It was still intact.

You felt excited, but at the same time anxious.

You knew Lio felt something for you, otherwise he wouldn't have kissed you, but at the same time you were scared.

Scared of something you might say that will make him feel hate for you.

But then you reasssured yourself. There was no way Lio could ever hate you.

You were just a bit excited.

Meanwhile, in the other room

Lio couldn't believe it.

After so many years he finally was going to a picnic with you.

And this time it was for real.

He also asked you to go to a picnic for another reason.

He wanted to make his feelings official.

Yeah, he had kissed you, but had he said something like "I love you?" He did not.

He wanted to ask you to be his girlfriend.

In the morning

You greeted Lio in the kitchen to eat breakfast. He was already preparing some snacks though, and you felt bad for not being able to help him.

You quickly drank your tea and proceeded to help him.

In the end, you had all a picnic would need to be gorgeous: sandwiches, salads, fruits, salty snacks and fruit juices.

The only thing you wondered about was the location of the picnic.

Doing a picnic in the middle of the desert wouldn't have surely been so romantic. There was nothing you could see.

Preparing to exit the apartment, Lio grabbed your hand and led you through the ruins.

It didn't look like he wanted to go outside.

"Hey Lio, where are we going?" you asked.

He turned his face and smiled at you. Does he want to keep the location a surprise?

And then you reached the center of the ruins, but Lio quickly covered your eyes before you could see something. So yeah, he did want to keep the location a surprise.

He led you carefully to a specific place.

He removed his hands from your eyes.

"Open your eyes"

And when you opened them, you were welcomed by the light.

In the center of the ruins there was a little hill full of grass, and on top of it there was a big, green tree that was greeted by light flashes, coming in through the ruins.

It was breathtaking.

Lio noticed your happiness, and grabbed your hand, leading you on the hill.

"You know, even I didn't know about this place, I found it one day when I was wondering all alone" he spoke "it probably was created from all that chaos when we were captured by the Freeze Force"

You noticed that he said that calmly. You felt relieved. You felt like he was finally starting to overcome his trauma.

You both sat down on the grass, the lights flashes gently touching your skin. Some petal flowers were also falling from the tree, making it even more romantic.

Lio thought it was perfect.

You then proceeded to eat what you had prepared, while both of you were secretly planning on how to declare yourselves.

"Get a hold of yourself, Y/N!" you thought to yourself. This wasn't the time to be caught up by anxiety. You just had to say that you liked him. He should like you back.

"Hey Lio-" "Hey Y/N-" you both spoke.

You started speaking at the same time. You looked at yourselves in disbelief.

"You go first-" you said in unison.

You laughed.

"How about you start speaking first, Lio?" you said with a smile.

He smiled back, and started talking.

"I think...you must have been confused after that day in the rain when I...kissed you" he said. You could feel he was on the edge. "Confused about my feelings for you. I didn't realise this, but I understood something important in these weeks"

He grabbed your hands.

"I love you, Y/N. I hope you feel the same. And you should know that even if you don't feel the same, I will always be there for you as a friend. But if you love me too, then...would you be my girlfriend?" he said, smiling under the light flashes, making him even more romantic.

You shed a tear, and replied that you also had something to say.

This was the perfect moment to bring out your amethyst painting.

But when you brought out the painting, a weird light appeared in your eyes.

Upon seeing the picture, you remembered everything from when you were 13 years old.

And you started screaming in pain.