Chapter 29

Lio ran as faster as he could.

It's incredible how a simple image could make you understand many things.

"Meet me under the tree"

He started laughing of joy on the way there.

He was so happy.

Even the idea of meeting you made him so happy.

He entered the gates of the park, and directed towards the tree.

You were there.

You were wearing a red dress, and your hair was curled up in a messy chignon. You knew that Lio would have gone crazy for that chignon.

And in fact, Lio thought you were stunning.

He suddenly remembered that you were still recovering. You did sleep for three days after all.

"Hey, shouldn't you be recovering?" he said kinda worried, recovering his breath after all that run.

"Lio, I just slept for three days, it's not that bad!" you said, laughing."I already recovered"

Lio looked unsure about that, but still decided to trust you.

"How did you know that I wasn't in my apartment?" he asked

"Well, I initially planned to directly give you the letter, but when I knocked repeatedly no one opened the door. So I figured that you were somewhere else, and I thought of Gueira and Meis. This is better actually" you said, smiling

"She really knows me well" Lio thought.

You both remained silent for a while, and then you picked something from the bag.

"I have something to give you"

And you handed him a rectangular present.

Surprised about it, Lio opened it.

It was the amethyst painting.

"You know, it is said that amethysts represent affection and love" you said, touching your necklace.

The necklace had an amethyst set on it.

Lio understood what you were about to say, but still let you talk. He wanted to hear it from your mouth.

"I love you Lio"

That's it, he heard it.

The poor boy had waited so long for these words that he fell on the knees and cried.

You held his shoulders as he cried of joy.

"That's not all of it, actually" you said, with a tender smile, wiping away his tears.

You told him everything.

About why you weren't there for the picnic

About your blackouts in your memory due to your Promare consuming you.

About you sometimes remembering him.

"So that's what he meant by then" Lio thought, remembering his encounter with his younger self.

"Oh, and..." you started.

Lio looked at you puzzled.

"Aina told me that you were about to kill my previous manager"

Lio felt bad about it. You didn't look like you despised him, but he felt like he shouldn't have done that.

He looked at you in search for your answer about it, to hear what you thought of him now.

But you only smiled.

"I mean, don't ever try to do that again...but I'm happy that you care for me that much that you get angry if someone does something to me..."

Was it that surprising? It was natural for Lio to go berserk for you, after all...he did love you.

"Hey...can I hug you?" he asked.

Even without a yes, you pulled him in to hug you.

What you didn't expect was him hugging you really tight, as if you were about to slip away from his grasp and disappear forever.

He still shed some tears.

"I'm relieved...I wanted to hear those words for so long"

You rubbed his back.

You blushed at the thought of saying the words you were about to tell him.

"...Lio...I loved you from the very beginning. But even without remembering you, I still fell in love with you"

He remained still for a while, and then moved a bit away from the hug to whisper something in your ear.

"Is that so?" he said, with a flirty tone.

It sent a shiver down your back.

If you were blushing before, you had to see yourself blushing in that moment. You were redder than the poppies.

"Stop being so flirty" you said, pouting your cheeks as you always do when you are embarassed.

But right when you were pouting your cheeks, he grabbed them and kissed you on the lips.

You stopped kissing after a while (after a LOT)

"Are you okay?" he asked with a tender smile.

You could die from happiness.

"Yes" you said in shock, but smiling.

You now fulfilled your wish. You were Lio's girlfriend.

And you would be forever together.

The End