Chapter 13

Lio could swear his face was burning.

"She drew me...again...?"

He was the happiest guy in Earth that moment.

He thought about how you could have drawn him, if your drawing style had changed much after your first drawing of him and so on.

He snapped off to the real world with a thought in mind: helping you.

"What do you intend to do now?" Lio asked.

You were unsure. Your colleagues didn't see that you started the fire, and your manager was probably unconscious right now.

You really didn't know what to do. You were on the verge of crying again but you didn't have the strenght. You also didn't want to cry again in front of Lio.

"Well then...how about we run away together?" he asked

What did he just say again?

You observed him, puzzled. You were sure he was crazy, and that he clearly had no idea of what he was proposing.

"Run away with me"

He didn't look crazy nor unsure about what he was saying. There was a light in his eyes.

And to be honest, the idea of you running away with him was fascinating.

But he had a job, friends who cared for him, why would he leave all of this just for you?

You stared at him, unsure.

"...why?" you asked

"Hmm yeah, that's a good question" he said "I probably need a break. I want to go away from this city. Will you join me?"

You looked at him in his eyes. He really meant what he was saying. Without you knowing it, your mouth had opened and said "Yes"

You then both hopped on his motorbike and escaped from the city. You didn't know where exactly you where going, but in the end, you didn't care. All you wanted was peace, and in that moment, you only felt peace with Lio.

...

"Are you sure we're okay here?" you asked.

He brought you in a desert near a weird volcano. Luckily it was not one of those hot deserts, but it still was one. No life, no vegetation, nothing at all. He brought you to some ruins. It looked like there was an attack.

"Yeah, don't worry, we're safe here." he replied.

He helped you come down from the motorcycle and guided you through the ruins. There were still traces of ordinary life: some unfinished laundry, old kids' games.

You looked astonished at that place. When you check on Lio though, he has a melanchonic expression in his eyes.

"Just what the hell did happen here?" you mumbled to yourself.

"Well then" he spoke "we will stay here for a while. No one ever comes here. I'm the only one who comes here now and then, so you can be totally safe. I will also tell my teammates that I'm going on vacations for some time and that's why they won't see me for a while"

You truly felt grateful for what Lio was doing for you. He really cared for people like you. You even felt bad for thinking he was a creep for staring at you.

You started to think about what you felt for Lio. These days were truly something. Most of the time he is serious and doesn't show a single emotion, but when he wants, he smiles, he blushes...and for some reason, you felt peaceful with him. You realised that you wanted to see more of him, you wanted to explore him. You wanted to know him.

And that made your heart flutter.

Could it be that...

...you're starting to like Lio?