Chapter 22

Some weeks before

"Aina, Lio, c'mon! Let's go! Chief told us that he can let us enter a lot earlier than normal" Galo said, always with an energic smile.

Why did Galo love so much pizza to eat it even in the first hours of the morning was a true mystery to Lio.

What he did know was that he didn't want to eat any of it. Galo had brought him even in the last few days to eat pizza that he was growing tired of it.

And even worse for him, there were fangirls in the pizzeria.

Ever since he and Galo saved the world, a lot of girls now came to see them whenever they could.

And to think that when he was a terrorist they would have never approached him.

Lio was really annoyed, when he saw a girl outside of the pizzeria, on the opposite side of the road.

He couldn't believe it.

A part of him wanted to run to her and hug her. Another part of him was in full despair.

She was also looking at his way. However, she showed no sign of recognizing him. She looked lost in thoughts. And when she came back to the real world, she realised she was staring and quickly ran off, embarassed.

Lio thought that it was just one time.

What he didn't expect was her entering the pizzeria the same day in the evening.

...

She had made friends with Galo, Aina and Varys. He could also consider himself as a friend of hers.

Truth is, that idea disgusted him.

Why didn't she take the effort to explain what had happened that day? After all the nights they had spent together in the park together.

Could it be that she had forgotten about him?

He had to confirm it.

...

She asked Galo why did Lio stare at her so much. Lio felt embarassed hearing that. "She noticed me staring at her...". Then he heard Galo call her "a pretty girl". Without even knowing, his gaze became deadly. He was jealous without even knowing. To think that in the past he wanted to forget her so bad (and failed).

She had to stay overnight. He couldn't sleep, thinking too much about her, so he approached her. And she didn't look like she was sleeping either.

She slammed him on her bed. She really looked like she didn't remember him.

But he wasn't so sure about that even then. He asked why was she there. His biggest fear in that moment was her being with them just because they were heroes. He would have just tried to forget her again if she answered yes. Turns out that she consideres him a normal person.

This reassured Lio. And unexpectedly, some feeling started to tingle his heart.

He confirmed that she wasn't there as if she was another fangirl, now he just had to confirm your memory loss.

And in fact, the day after, he even received the proof that she didn't remember him.

"You barely know me..."

She really didn't remember. Why didn't she remember?

He tried to find an answer many times.

He wanted to know why you didn't appear that day.

...

Your place at work got on fire. Lio watched, horrified, as he thought about the worst happening. He entered the building without even thinking two times. He wasn't even worried about not getting an answer after all those years. He was terribly afraid of holding your lifeless body.

But you were alive, fortunately

He was full of hope."

...

And even more unexpectedly (totally not sarcastic) you both caught a cold.

You returned to the apartment and both helped each other dry yourselves.

While he was drying your hair, sometimes sneezing, you thought.

There were so many things you wanted to say. But you felt like you needed time.

First of all, you had to properly confess him your feelings. You sure returned the kiss, but you weren't so sure that he understood that you felt the same for him.

Hell yeah if you caught a cold.

That night you couldn't sleep because you were continuosly sneezing and coughing.

How the hell did you lose your common sense there, and didn't bring a damn umbrella?

Lio, who knows how, was feeling better than you even the next day after your kiss. You felt a little envious.

The next morning you had showed up like a ghost. You had bags under your eyes and were pale.

He then decided to cook for you a cup of milk and helped you drink it.

He was so cute.

He also noticed your bags, and did something you wished he hadn't done, just because you didn't want to make him sick again:

He offered you to try and sleep together.

...

Your face was burning that moment.

He was hugging you, your face resting on his chest, slowly breathing through your mouth

He was smiling. Did he wait so much for this moment?

And you still had to confess him your feelings

"Lio, I..." you started speaking, but the peaceful rhythm of his heartbeat accompanied you to a deep sleep.

He then started to pet your head.

Oh if Lio had waited so long for this moment.

More or less, he was waiting this moment for 10 years (Lio is canonically in his early-twenties).

He looked down at you, your head still resting on his chest. You were rhytmically breathing through your mouth, your nose still being plugged.

You were so pretty in his eyes.

He smiled and kissed you on your forehead. And fell asleep together with you.

When you both wake up, it was the afternoon.

He tried to get up but you were holding his shirt with so much strenght that poor Lio had to remain there until you had decided to get up.

You were hungry after all. But you were definitely feeling better.