Chapter 21

"You what?!" he said, surprised.

"I said I'm going back to Promepolis.  I need a break" you replied with a cold gaze.

You were holding your bag, full of your art materials. In your bag there was even the amethyst painting.

Fear started to grow in his heart. Was he about to lose you and forever this time?

What would have he done without you then? He was scared, he felt empty.

You observed him. You could see he was thinking between himself. Did he feel guilty about before?

Deep inside, you really hoped so.

"Well then" you said "goodbye Lio Fotia"

And you left his room and proceeded to walk into the corridor of the small apartment in the ruins.

You grew attached to this place. Here with Lio, it was a place you liked to call home.

You carefully observed every single details for, what you thought, your last time, and then opened the door to the apartment, and then left the ruins.

It was raining outside.

Meanwhile Lio was still realising what you just had said.

"I need a break"

He then quickly got on his feet and ran to stop you.

He found the door of the apartment open, and realised you already had left the apartment.

This however, didn't demoralise him.

He ran outside of the ruins and immediately got wet thanks to the rain. Another reason for him to be worried about you.

"Are you that angry to walk on your feet in the rain for miles?!" he thought.

He saw you a bit distant from him. He saw his chance and started running.

Weren't you worried if your art tools or your paintings got wet?

You then heard him running behind. You turned around to face him.

"Didn't I say NOT to search for me?!" you screamed.

He stopped.

You were both wet from the rain. It was still incredible that you both didn't get a cold already.

"Do you think I had listened to you?" he calmly replied

"Do you think I would either listen to you now?! Do you even know how that hurt, when you told me to go away from you?!"

You were tired.

You were looking at your feet now. You didn't want to confront him.

A few seconds later you saw his feet near yours. He had approached you.

You looked at him.

He also had a tired look.

"The reason I told you to go away from me was because I was scared" he said "because you were right, there is indeed a secret regarding you that I didn't want to tell you"

He caressed your cheek with a sad look.

"A secret I didn't want to tell you because I was afraid that you would have run away"

Was he nuts? Why would you even run away from him? Well yeah, you now WERE running away from him but only because he made you angry keeping you away from him.

"Why do you even think-" you started speaking, but got interrupted.

He put a finger on your mouth.

"That doesn't matter now"

And, much unexpectedly, he approached you even more, standing a bit on his tippy toes, and erased the distance between your lips and his.

He kissed you.

You froze there for an instant. Lio was kissing you?

You felt your heart skip a beat.

His lips were so soft like a pillow you could kiss him forever. And they were sweet like strawberries...

You could even smell his scent now. He smelled like flowers. A scent you loved.

You closed your eyes and returned the kiss.

He then closed the gap between your bodies and hugged you.

It felt like an eternity before you both stopped kissing.

After the kiss you had to catch some air, your head resting on his shoulders. It was your first kiss ever.

And it was great.

"Are you okay?" he asked with a smile

You looked at him, your head still resting on his shoulder.

"...I thought you hated me" you said, puffing your cheeks.

Still in the hug, he released a hand just to poke them. You were really cute, and he wanted to touch your cheeks many more times.

You realised only there how much he was attractive in the rain. Wet hair, his white shirt showing many parts of his skin...

...and he was all yours now.