Chapter 7

Then a thought crossed your mind

What does Lio eat again?

You kinda panicked because you didn't want to ask him this. He surely didn't look like he would eat pizza, considering the fact that he refused to eat pizza with Galo, Aina and Varys.

You checked in the kitchen, and came to the conclusion that you would prepare a sandwich with jam. It's definitely more healthier than all that pizza, so you went with that option.

While you were preparing, you heard him coming behind you

"What are you doing?"

"A sandwich with jam" you replied.

He peeked, and looked somewhat relieved. Looks like you prepared the right thing to eat.

"So..." he started "can't you give me your answer while you're preparing? I'm kinda impatient"

"Nah, I want to make you wait, you should enjoy first your sandwich" you replied smirking.

You kinda wanted to make him pay for all those stares.

But when you were about to finish his food, he suddenly took your wrists and made sure you had locked eyes with him. Despite your slightly taller frame hovering him, he looked like he was kinda done, but at the same time he looked clingy.

"Now, I beg you"

Learning all of his new expressions was an emotional rollercoaster. You didn't know why, but you wanted to know more of them.

You laughed, and answered.

"Sorry sorry, I was just trying to make you pay for all those stares I got from you these days. And my answer is no, I don't want to be friends with you just because you're heroes. In my eyes you're normal people, just like me, who just had the chance to save the world. So no, I won't fangirl over you and the others"

He looked instantly relieved, and showed a big smile.

"You're the first girl who doesn't talk to me just because I'm Lio Fotia"

Lio didn't see this, but you were blushing, looking at your feet.

What you both didn't realise is that you had still your wrists in his hands.

"Uhm...could you let me go?"

He realised, and let you go.

You gave him his sandwich with a shy smile, and went back to your bed.

"Goodnight Lio"

"...goodnight"

However, his face was burning more than yours.

...

At this point, you trusted them enough to sleep. You trusted especially Lio, your heart fluttering thinking about him.

And you would have trusted him even more after what happened the next day.