Chapter 14

And that's how your "holiday" with Lio started.

He had the opportunity to go and bring you your art materials, so that you could fill your days with something to do. He often took you for walks near the volcano, describing how he was sent there, saved by Gueira and Meis, when he was still a Burnish.

It was there that he became the huge Burnish Flare that almost destroyed Promepolis that everyone knows about. It should be scary to hear those things, but you truly felt amazed by Lio's words.

He surely went through something.

One day, a sunny day, you were sleeping on your bed in your room. You dreamt about Lio, becoming a Burnish Flare just for you. It would be cool to have someone that gets that angry just for you.

You woke up with him next to you, smiling.

"Were you having a good dream? You had a really big grin on your face and almost laughed sometimes" he asked.

You would have felt embarassed if you had to tell him what you dreamt, so you just said that indeed, you were having a really good dream.

...

"Y/N, I'm going to go and get us some food, I promise it won't take long"

You nodded as always. Today however, instead of nodding as a way to say goodbye, you did something else.

"Hey, Lio" you called him.

He turned around to see you, but what he didn't expect was a hug.

That was it. The boi exploded. He couldn't take all of this and he melted in the hug.

When you stopped the hug, you could tell he was definitely more happier than before.

"I will make sure to make things quick" he said

And off he went.

You then started painting, and this time, you wanted to draw something Lio would have appreciated.

...

Lio paid and he came out of the supermarket. He had lots and lots of groceries. He wanted to make a feast just for you, and this time, he wanted to seriously talk to you. He wanted to make you remember him, when you both were 13 years old.

But he didn't expect policemen coming right in his direction.

"Lio Fotia, right? Would you please come with us for some questions?"

...

Lio was surely taking his time buying groceries. It was almost evening, and you were growing worried. Did something happen to him on the way? Was he okay? Was he in danger?

He still wasn't returning "home".

You then went to the city, all alone. Luckily Promepolis wasn't so far from the desert, so you started running as fast as you could. You wanted to make sure he was okay.

...

Lio had returned home. However, he didn't find you. He searched all over the place, in a hurry, worried that someone might have taken you.

He started to panic. The last thing he ever wanted was seeing you in the hands of someone else. Especially if you were not okay.

He hopped on his motorbike at maximum speed, directing to Promepolis. He started crying on the way there, remembering that day.

...

You looked all over the city, but no signs of Lio. You now were checking near Burning Rescue's headquarters, to see if he was there. But he wasn't.

You were starting to feel depressed and scared. You didn't know if something had happened to him.

You heard then a familiar, feminine voice. Aina's voice.

"Hey, isn't that...?" turning her face to Galo

But even before you could see Aina pointing at you, someone from behind grabbed you and made sure that you made no noise, putting a hand on your mouth.

Lio.

"...?" Aina mumbled

"What is it, Aina?" Galo replied

"Nothing, I just thought I had seen Y/N for a second there"

After they went away, Lio took off his hand from your mouth and told you with gestures to hop on his motorbike.

You could tell he was angry.