Two.

Aubrey

My hands were in-cased with rubber gloves as I washed the dishes. Only me and Mason lived here but I swear it could 5 other people with how many dishes he uses. Doesn't he know what it means to re-use them?

I huffed some hair out of my face as I kept scrubbing plates and silverware. This wasn't my idea of how I wanted to spend my Friday, but I was used to it. And that showed how completely miserable I was.

Ever since Mason started basically controlling my life, the only people I talk to are my parents and my best friend Janet.

Me, Mason and Janet were all close in high school. Janet and I hit it off right away and that's when we met Mason on the 3rd day of freshman year in music class. He sang a song and played on his guitar. All the girls swooned over him, but I wasn't impressed. He became more of a friend to me and then that's when my feelings for him started to change.

Mason bugged my phone and everything. He can listen to my conversations whenever he wanted, so I didn't bother telling anyone what he does to me. He didn't only bug my phone because he was worried about me telling someone what he did to me, but because he's paranoid that I could call the police and tell them about the gang activity that he's a part if or if I ever overheard them during one of their meetings and something would slip up when I would talk to anyone on the phone. He stopped trusting people a long time ago, even before he changed.

But I knew better never to even walk past that basement door where they talked in whispers. It gave me a bad vibe and I didn't want any part of it.

I heard the door open and close. I let out a breath of relief, finally finishing up the last dish and sticking all of the dishes and silverware in their confined cabinets. I took in a deep breath and slowly let it out as I removed the gloves and threw them in the garbage.

I turned around to go greet Mason, because I knew I would hear it if I didn't, when he was face to face with me. I jumped, a little taken back by his sudden appearance, and let out a sigh. He smirked and gave me a light tap on the lips.

"I missed you sweetie." he whispered in my ear as he held me in his arms. I had to control the urge to roll my eyes.

Something from the corner of my eye caught my attention and I turned my head to see a somewhat familiar face. Mason pulled back and saw who I was looking at, giving me a smile. He walked over to the guy and brought him closer, patting his shoulder.

"This is my left hand man Justin." I flicked my eyes towards Justin. He was almost the same height as Mason, maybe an inch or two taller. He kept a small smile on his face as he looked back at me with his light brown eyes. He was very attractive but I dared not to stare. Plus, if he's friends with Mason and they are both in the same gang, I didn't want to mess with him. I couldn't deal with two Masons.

"And Justin, this is my girl Aubrey. High school sweethearts, ain't that right baby?" Mason said, gravitating his attention towards me again and shot me a wink. I tried not to frown and just nodded, looking down. My face was pulled back up roughly and quickly with the tug of Mason's hand.

"Don't be rude. He's our guest." Mason said in a stern tone. I nodded quickly and he let go of me. I looked over at Justin and he just stared at me, the smile on his face was gone and I looked away, completely embarrassed.

"Sorry man... Girls, gotta keep em in line." he said, rolling his eyes and giving Justin a playful nudge.

I just stood there waiting for him to say something. I didn't want to move a muscle. If he is able to snap at me like that in front of Justin, only God knows what else he would do.