Thirteen.

Aubrey

Today I'm meeting with my mom and dad. I haven't seen them in so long and I was so happy when Justin agreed to drive me and pick me up after. I couldn't let them meet Justin and start asking questions.

My parents were always full of them.

Another reason I also haven't seen them in a while is because half of it was me not wanting to. I was so vulnerable and in so much pain the past few months. I was their daughter and they would know if something was wrong. At least this time I feel more relaxed and easy now that Mason wasn't here and I don't feel so restricted.

I put on a simple white sundress that had a sweetheart neckline with some nude colored heels. My hair was straight and flowing down up to my chest as I played with it, making it fluff.

I looked in the mirror and played with my necklace. It was given to me at birth, of course I couldn't wear it yet though because I was only a baby, so my parents gave it to me on my 5th birthday. I haven't taken it off unless I shower.

I heard a knock on the door.

I bit my bottom lip and let out a sigh before walking over to the door and opening it. Justin stood there with his hands behind him. He wore a small smirk.

"Ready to go madam?" he asked. I chuckled at his attempt of being a gentlemen.

"Yes monsieur."

We walked down the long staircase, which was becoming natural, and outside to his car.

I felt my stomach churning from the uncomfortable feeling I was facing, nervous.

*

Justin pulled up in front of my parents house after the 45 minute ride from his house to LA. Justin kind of lived in the middle of nowhere and my parents lived a bit farther from where Mason and I lived.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and sighed, running my fingers through my hair. I hesitated to open the door and Justin noticed.

"You alright?" he asked very nonchalant, which was kind of like his voice all the time.

"Yeah I um, just haven't seen them in a while." I said, looking at my hands that sat in my lap.

Suddenly, Justin's hand was on my knee and I felt chills run down my back. I was so used to a guy touching me to hurt me. I even hesitated to hug him the other day.

The feeling soon became comforting as I looked up to his eyes.

"Don't worry. Their your parents. Call me when ever you want me to pick you up." he said and I nodded. I opened the car door, climbed out and shut it behind me.

I have Justin a small smile as he put two fingers to his forehead and waved them. He pulled away and drove off down the street, leaving me to look up at the house where so many memories lied.

I walked up to the door, steadily. Walking up the three steps that led up the porch before ringing the doorbell and waiting. My fingers crossing each other as I intertwined them.

I waited a few moments until the door opened, revealing my mom.

"Aubrey! Oh lord I am so happy to see you." she said, bringing me in to a tight hug and I suddenly felt whole.

"Come in, your father is waiting for you." she said, making me smile.

I walked inside and everything soothed me on how familiar it all was. It hasn't been that long, only about 3 months, but it's felt like centuries. Being at a place that was technically my home but wasn't.