Twenty-Six

Aubrey

I woke up with warmth enveloping me on all sides. I cleared my throat softly and let my eyes flutter open. I was laying on the living room floor with pillows surrounding me.  I heard the sound of a small thumping and looked up to see Justin's soft face. My head was on his warm chest and his heartbeat was sounding off in my ear.

I smiled inwardly and rested down back again, keeping my eyes open.

I let them wander around the room and take in the beautiful home.

I could live here forever if I was able to. The beautiful wood that kept the house up with the newly furnished rooms from bottom to top. It gave me a sense and feeling of home like this is where I belonged.

I hadn't felt that in a very long time.

Justin suddenly stirred under me, making me lift my head up again. He rubbed his eyes before looking down at me, a smile stretching onto his face.

"Good morning," he said, his voice raspy and low.

I bit my bottom lip and smiled.

"Good morning," and leaned in for a kiss, which he returned.

He stirred a bit before sighing and slowly sitting up. He was such a sight and it brought me back to when I first met him. Lingering around the house, looking at me for moments too long, and all of it I thought was him just being flirty. Maybe it was always more.

"What are we going to do about Mason?" I asked. He made a face. Probably not the first thing he wanted to hear about this morning. I sighed. "Sorry, we don't have to talk about it right now." I said, joining him as I sat up and rested my head on his shoulder.

"No, no... It's fine I just... haven't figured that part out yet." he bowed his head.

I never knew what Mason was like when it came to him and his crew, but I know all the worsts of him. I couldn't bare being apart from Justin, I can't go back to Mason, and this time if he ever threatened me again, I'm not going down without a fight.

-

After laying near the fireplace for another hour, we both hopped in the shower together... maybe having another around before cleaning ourselves up and getting dressed. I wore some blue jeans, thick white socks and a white long-sleeve. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail as I looked at myself in the mirror.

I don't remember the last time I was able to fully look at myself and just not feel complete dread. Mason made me hate myself inside and out. But not anymore.

I made my way downstairs after trying to find Justin until screaming made me jump.

"Let me explain! I-" Justin yelled, being cut off before he could finish.

oh no.

I closed my eyes and bit the inside of my cheek.

"Mason, dude, you have to understand the situation I was in! I had to leave as soon as possible and I wanted to make sure we got here safe before I let you know!" He yelled into the phone. Suddenly, knowing he was on the other side of that phone started to make my palms sweaty.

"Listen Mason, you might be your dad's bitch boy but don't forget who the fuck I am either. So don't fucking talk to me like that, you got it? I was protecting YOUR girlfriend. Don't fuck around with me and raise your tone." Justin was seething at this point. I had never heard anyone speak to Mason like that and I was scared for him.

I slowly and quietly walked down the steps more and more.

"Alright then, see you soon."

Soon.