Twenty-Three

***Warning: this part contains sexual content so if you are not a fan, read the first part and then click off to stay in tact with the storyline***

Justin

I had never spoken about my family to anyone but the guys. No one knows what had happened except them and the people who were there.

I hesitated at first when telling Aubrey and once I started, I couldn't stop. It was the first time recalling the events out loud. First time in a long time I felt the tug in chest and the feeling of what it felt like to be sad.

I thought about my dad, my mom, and Jazzy every single day but as a faint memory. As people who were there once but not anymore. 

We didn't stay in the park too much longer, maybe half an hour. I stayed in her arms the entire time, letting all the emotion out of me that had been pushed so far in the back of my being. We drove in silence the whole way towards the next motel. We were in the middle of a quiet, deserted road when her voice broke the comfortable silence.

"Mason beats me." she said. Crystal clear. 

I shuttered for a moment, letting my eyes flutter from being taken aback and gripped the steering wheel. 

"What?" 

"Mason... he beats me and rapes me and abuses me... he has been for months now. No one knows, except you now." she said, as I blanked for a moment. I didn't know what to say or do when suddenly, anger arose inside of me. I turned the wheels of the car, pulling over on the quiet road and stopped the car completely.

She was silent, not saying or doing anything as I tapped my thumb on the steering wheel. I chuckled, shaking my head and I can tell that set her off. 

"What?" her voice cold as ice as she glared at me.

I didn't do anything for a moment.

My body having no control as I beat on the steering wheel, lashing out making her jump. I shook my head and got out of the drivers seat, slamming the door closed. I moved towards the back of the car, leaning my back against it as the anger inside of me fueled me up like gas on a growing fire. 

I heard the other car door slam as her footsteps neared me.

"Justin! What's wrong?!" she screamed, her face in complete confusion with tears threatening to escape her eyes. I continued to shake my head and banged my head against the car.

"As if we haven't already visited enough shitty things today..." I mumbled, throwing her off as she took a step back.

Tears started coating her cheeks.

"Look I'm sorry I brought it up! I just wanted to tell you since you were so honest with me. I thought it would let us connect a-and open us up to each other! Like I said, I never told anybody. Mason would fucking kill me if he ever even suspected that I did. The way he hurts me, it makes me feel like I might as well already be dead!" she shouted, letting all the tears out.

I slammed my hand on the car and turned to her.

"I'm not blaming you for any of this Aubrey! I'm just so fucking angry. I'm angry about so many shitty things that happen in people's lives. I'm so fucking angry that people like you have to see the ugliness in this world because you don't deserve to! You're such a fucking amazing girl who is so kind and bright and has her whole life ahead of her. And it eats me up inside because you're so far in this life you didn't mean to take part of!" I yelled.

It was quiet again. The sound of a faint thundering was in the back, warning a storm was commencing.

"You are all the things you describe me as and it sucks to know that you don't see it..." she said softly. I felt her inching towards me and I took a step back.