Three.

Aubrey

I woke up the next day not finding Mason next to me. I didn't fall asleep last night until he moved away from me because he literally was clung on to me and he got off of me about 2 hours later from when he first entered the room. So, I didn't sleep that great.

I slung the sheets off of me and entered the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and used the toilet before making my way downstairs to make some breakfast. My feet made light tapping noises as I moved down each step until I was downstairs.

I hummed to myself as I entered the kitchen and went for the Cap'n Crunch. I grabbed a bowl from one of the cabinets and started pouring cereal into it. I swayed my hips back and forth with a song I have been working on, with the help of my laptop and my notebook, roaming in my head. I started singing out loud but lowly.

"I been livin' with devils and angels, angels, angels. Realize you and I are in the same boat, same boat, yeah. Kills me, how you love me, then you cut me down, I do the same. We been living like angels and devils, devils" I stopped singing but continued to hum the rest and sway my head back and forth.

"You're a really good singer." I heard a voice behind me, making me jump and turn around.

It was Justin, the guy from yesterday. He just stared at me with a smirk on his face and his arms crossed across his chest. I opened my mouth to talk but nothing came out and I just stared at him. He looked at me, waiting for me to talk and he snapped his finger making me blink.

"U-Uh, what are you doing here?" I asked, putting the box of Cap'n Crunch down on the counter behind me.

"Meeting downstairs." he pointed towards the door that led to the basement and I slowly nodded my head. I was never allowed down there. Mason would literally kill me if I ever even opened that door.

"Oh."

I turned back around to my bowl of cereal. It was so awkward talking to someone who was friends with Mason. They must have something in common to have a mutual friendship.

I let out a sigh and moved over to the fridge to grab the milk.

"Your boy... Mason. He's a good guy." Ha! That's probably the most funniest shit I have ever heard. If my life didn't depend on it, I would've laughed out loud in Justin's face. I just hummed and poured milk into my cereal. I noticed he was walking closer to me.

"Aubrey, right?" he asked as he stood next to me.

I looked at him through the corner of my eye and slowly grabbed a spoon.

"Yeah..." I said in almost a whisper. He smiled and I slowly looked at him.

"Well, Mason is lucky to have someone like you." he spoke in clear confidence and I looked at him a little shocked that he would flirt with his friend's girl. Even if I was being held here against my will and I didn't really consider him mine, more like I'm his like property, flirting is a no-no especially when you both are in the same dangerous gang.

"Thanks, well it was nice seeing you." I said, picking up my bowl of cereal and walking away slowly to not make it seem that I was trying to get away from him.

I made my way back upstairs and into my room. I shut the door behind me, still wondering why Justin got so close and why he seemed so interested in me. I mean, I know I'm not ugly but I don't think I'm much hype.

*

A little while later, I heard mumbles coming from downstairs and I guess that was cue that the meeting was over and everyone was leaving now.