Nine.

Justin

I drove 20 minutes from Mason's house to mine after spending the night and having breakfast there. It felt nice to have company like that. Even if it was just casual conversation with Aubrey, it felt good.

I pulled up to my driveway and parked it right in front of my house. I got out, closing the car door behind me and looking up at my three story home. I guess being in this life for so long has its perks.

I pulled out a cigarette and lit it, inhaling and exhaling its chemicals that took away all my thoughts and worries just for a few minutes.

After I was done, I walked up to my house.

I opened the front door and stepped in. I looked around at my mansion and let out a sigh.

I'm home.

I pulled off my jacket and hung it on the coat rack by the door.

The house was hidden with the trees in the woods. I made sure I had extra privacy and have the place that I live in be extra protected. The only people who know my address are my house keepers and I made them sign a form to make sure they didn't release any information about me or where I reside. 

This has been my life since before I could remember. I knew what to do and what not to do on the back of my hand.

I made my way up the stairs in and into my bedroom. My king sized bed in the middle of my room with full sized windows that took up one wall of the room; attached to it was a balcony that I would sometimes sit out on and look over the woods. The windows though, were covered with dark blue curtains. The walls were painted a pale blue with a mirror on one wall, on the right, and a painting hanging over the bed.

I walked over to my full sized, walk in closet and pulled out my black sweats and a plain black t-shirt, making myself comfortable. I striped from my dark jeans and combat boots and changed.

I rolled my neck and stretched out my back.

I felt older than I was. I was 21 and I felt like a 40 year old man. Probably due to the fact that I got little to no sleep. I would doze off but I never fully got a steady night sleep since... Well for years. I guess that's why I was so used to it and it didn't really effect my work ethic.

I climbed into my made up bed and just laid there, soaking in the comfortable feeling of it.

It was quiet, but I liked it like this.

It was comforting. I was good with company for a few hours but when it came to residing in my home, I didn't want anyone with me. Unless it was a girl I brought back with me, but I wouldn't even let them stay for the night. It was just so I can feel.

They say that being alone can cause depression and anxiety, but that was the thing. I couldn't feel. I lost the way of feeling such a long time ago. Just because I wasn't a complete, blunt asshole doesn't mean I'm not emotionless. I was more of a blank faced type of person. No expression at all.

Nothing.

I'm human of course, so it sucks not being able to feel. So, in order to feel, I use girls for my own pleasure. Do I feel bad? No. 

Remember, no feelings?

After we have sex, I go back to being basically a zombie. I looked out for me and only me because I really didn't have anyone else. I didn't mind though because like I said, I liked being alone.

Even though I lack emotion, when I get angry it's not pretty. I almost lost my shit the other night when we killed Accardo. But I knew I had to calm down. I was getting the revenge I needed. I couldn't have something stupid like my rage be the reason we fucked up this mission when we've worked so hard and thank God I didn't let it.

I sighed, sitting up and flipping on the TV and put on Netflix.

*

I watched a couple of movies until it started getting late and I felt myself dozing off when I felt my phone vibrate next to me.

I groaned, picking it up and unlocked it to see a text from Mason.

'Come to Andy's brew. Now.'

Even though Mason and I were cool, I didn't like how he demanded. He was a newbie and I really hope he understands that.

I got off the bed and threw on my sneakers and jacket. I jogged down the steps, grabbing my keys on the way out and left.

*

I pulled up to Andy's Brew, a bar me and the guys always went to. I climbed out the car and shut the door behind me, making sure I locked it before walking towards the entrance.

Andy's was a little farther from the city, a little farther from everything and everyone. Just how I lived and just how I liked it.

A few people played pool on one side while others were at tables and some at the bar. I looked around and noticed Mason at the bar as he sipped on his beer. I let out a sigh and walked over to him.

He looked at me lazily and then back at his drink. I pulled out the stool that stood next to his and sat down. I waved at the bartender and he nodded, giving me my usual Samuel Adams beer.

I took a sip and let out a breath.

"So, what was the big emergency that you needed me to come and meet you here at 12 in the morning?" I asked as I watched him. He looked like he always did, pale and his eyes dark with no life. I could tell he inherited that look from his dad.

"It's Aubrey..." he mumbled then took another sip of his beer. I don't know why but I felt myself worrying which was odd for me.

"What about Aubrey? Is she okay?" I asked and he scoffed.

"The princess is just fine... She... She's been acting out on me. Being violent, disobeying me, and talking to me so disrespectfully as if I didn't take her in after her parents kicked her out." he admitted. I furrowed my eyebrows.

I never knew that was why she was living with Mason. The question would pop in my head though. I thought about how someone like her would be in college and not staying with her gang affiliated boyfriend. It was a dangerous life but I guess she had no other choice. Also I mean, he is her boyfriend. She was probably thrilled to move in with him.

"I'm sorry bro. I didn't read her as that type of girl. She seemed... cool." I said, taking a sip of my beer. And she was. When we had breakfast together just this morning, she was fun to talk to. And I didn't find joy in a lot of people.

"Try living with her... She's a fucking bitch." he scoffed and took a sip of his drink.

"Then there's my dad who is telling me that he needs me to come with him on a trip to New York. Doesn't even ask, just demands. What the hell am I gonna do with Aubrey? I can't trust her alone for a month and something might happen to her. They know where I live, it's too risky." he said, shaking his head.

I had nothing to really say to that and it turned quiet. It was silent for a few moments as we sipped on our beers. Then, Mason squinted his eyes.

"You know ... I think I have a plan to help her and myself." he said, looking at me for the first time since I entered the bar. He sat up a little straighter and folded his hands together.

"I'm listening." I said, putting down my beer.

-

(A/N): sorry this chapter was so short. It's kind of just a fill in until the next one which will be much more interesting and longer, trust me. Also just so you guys can get to know more about what kind of person Justin is. I'm telling you guys, shit is gonna hit the fan soon lol.

Vote, Comment & Follow.

Twitter: @avonsdreamx_