Eighteen.

Aubrey

Justin has been out on business for an hour now maybe and I was home alone. Deciding not to spend the entire day by myself, I called Janet and asked her to come over.

I hope Justin didn't mind.

I had to wait in the living room in order to hear the door because I wouldn't be able to hear the doorbell ringing from my room.

Thoughts from yesterday floated into my head as I un-amusingly flipped through channels on the TV.

I knew Justin was gonna kiss me when I went into his room. The way he held my face and brought me so close to him. But... Who was Jade? I was so confused as he knocked out because of his medication. I wonder what medication he has to take and why...

There was so much I wanted to know and the fact that I know he won't tell me, made me want to know more.

I decided to text him and tell him Janet was coming over. I wanted to talk to him some way. He was pretty quiet about his exit this morning as he threw me a goodbye while I was in the kitchen and left.

After I sent him that text, the doorbell rang.

I sighed and got up to go greet my friend who was probably already in shock by the size of this house. I gripped the handle and opened the door to see Janet with wide eyes.

"Aubrey..." she said, making me chuckle.

"I know..." I said back and opened to door wider so she could step in.

She walked in and looked around in amazement. I closed the door and rolled my eyes, smiling.

"This is like a fucking palace. Look at those stairs!" She exclaimed, making me laugh. She walked into the living room and took a step back.

"Lord look at the size of that TV! Listen... If you don't break up with Mason for Justin than I'm taking him." She said, flopping onto the couch. I scoffed, moving over to the couch and joining her.

"Who says I want Justin?" I asked.

You know you do.

I mentally cursed at my subconscious.

"Who doesn't want Justin? Plus... The way you talk about him sometimes. You've never talked about Mason like that." she said, shrugging.

"That doesn't mean anything Janet." I said, trying to convince her and myself.

She rolled her eyes.

"Listen Aubrey, you are my best friend. I know when you like a guy. You bring him up in every conversation we have whether in a good or bad way, you find a way to bring him up in conversation, you get flustered just by someone saying his name like you are now..." she said, making me cover my cheeks.

I sighed.

"You make me sound obsessive..." I muttered, making her smile.

"I mean listen... I haven't heard much talk about Mason. Every time I ask you about him your questions are so bland and boring... Why don't you break up with him?" she asked.

Because I can't.

"We're just going through... a rough patch." I said, playing with my fingers.

She looked at me for a few moments before sighing and turning to face the TV. She took the remote and started flipping through the movie channels.

"Okay Aubrey... Whatever you say. I just want you to be happy." she said, making me nod and I lookee down.

You and me both.