Twenty-Four

Aubrey

I felt a warmth arising from the pit of my stomach as my eyes fluttered up. Being skin to skin with another person. His arm around my body, holding me close. 

His breathing was easy as his honey-colored hair was tousled and a bit in his face. I reached over, brushing it away, causing him to stir just a little before continuing to sleep. 

I let my eyes move over his body that was completely bare with his tattoos that flowed up and down his body. I moved closer to him and my heart was suddenly beating faster. 

I couldn't imagine or ever picturing this happening. Sleeping next to Justin completely naked after having sex. Sex that I actually wanted with someone that I was slowly becoming infatuated with. The tension between us was very real but I never thought we would act on it.

Last night and right at this moment, I didn't feel so scared or vulnerable. I felt brave. I felt comforted and okay. Sex with Mason would always lead to me crying, cowering to myself in bed as he snoozed away, and this feeling of objectivity. 

But right now at this moment, I felt absolutely liberated. 

After a few moments, Justin began to stir again. I didn't know what I should do so I just slowly opened my eyes but left them open enough to peak. His eyes fluttered open as he took a little until turning and looking over at me. His loose arm around me held me tighter to him as he kissed the top of my head. 

I let my eyes open slowly, making direct eye contact with him. I didn't know what to do except smile slightly to which he returned. 

"Good morning." he said, his voice raspy as his eyes trailed over my face. His hand moving over to my head as he brushed his hand through it. 

"Morning." I said, looking up at him.

Although everything seemed perfect, there was a lot of things that needed to be spoken about that I know he wondered about just as I had. 

But right now, I just moved closer, snuggling into his chest as he smiled slightly. 

"Don't wanna get up?" he asked. 

I shook my head and let out a whine.

"We can stay like this for a little bit before we have to go." he said, laying back down, wrapping both of his arms around me as I laid my head on his chest. The silence overcame the room and it wasn't awkward at all, it was needed if anything.

A lot had just happened over the course of 24 hours and there was no denying that this was going to change a lot. 

I didn't know how Justin really felt about me. It could've been an act of breaking the sexual tension but I had no clue.

We both opened up a can of worms with telling each other things that the other wasn't suppose to know, or anyone was supposed to know. 

I felt my head spinning with all the things we were going to talk about until I felt his hand run through my hair, easing me up a bit, letting me close my eyes.

We both fell asleep again for about 15 minutes. I woke up to him missing and the sound of the shower running in the bathroom. 

I sat up, rubbing my eyes and moving over to my suitcase to throw on an over-sized t-shirt. I wanted to shower too, so I just waited for him to come out. I pulled out the small booklet that I carried with me and started jotting some stuff down.

He came out after 10 minutes, his towel wrapped around his waist and water running down his body. He slicked his hair back and I felt the need to rush over to him and repeat last night all over again.