Sixteen.

Aubrey

The wind yanked my hair to side as I saw I was back on the beach. I licked my dry lips as I tried to listen to the voice. But this time... There was no voice.

A figure appeared on the far right side of the beach by the shoreline and I knew it was him, the strange man who had called my name before. I needed to know who he was.

I started to walk towards him and this time, I felt nothing pulling me back. The water crashed against the shore and wetting the sand. The clouds above were still gray but now I found it comforting.

I was getting closer to the figure, closer than I've ever been before. I wanted to find out but I was so scared to let myself unmask the man calling out for me. The man Mason was holding me back from.

But I continued as I walked in a stride until I was right behind him.

The features look all too familiar and I felt my heart beating faster in my chest as I placed my hand in his shoulder, causing him to turn around and my breathing hitched. The clouds rolled over, inviting the blue sky and sun to join as I stared up at him.

"Justin?"

...

I sat up quickly and looked around the room. My chest was heaving up and down as I stared into space.

Oh my god.

Justin... It's Justin. And it felt like everything fell into place. I shook my head, completely shocked and confused. I needed to clear my head. This couldn't be real. Him out of all people is who I've been dreaming about?

I took my gauze off and observed the scars. They were a bit red but close to being fully healed. I bit my bottom lip and got out of bed, walking into my closet.

I went into the drawers and pulled out a pair of black panties and a neon green sports bra. I let my hair hang straight down my shoulders and grabbed a towel from the bathroom.

I needed to go for a swim.

I walked down the stairs and towards the back door. I looked over at the garden and wondered why Justin didn't want to talk about it. I looked away and the thought left my mind.

I looked towards the lake to see Justin swimming like an Olympic athlete. I widen my eyes and I flash backed to my dream.

I sighed and was ready to head back inside when he called me.

"Hey, Aubrey!" I turned around to face him. The water was up to his shoulders which distracted me because I could see the start of his chest and collar bones.

Stop Aubrey.

"You coming in?" he asked. I bit my bottom lip. Why was I so nervous to swim with him there? Maybe it's because I have been having constant dreams of him and I didn't even know it.

Stop being such a priss Aubrey. There's enough room for you to swim.

I mentally rolled my eyes at my subconscious and nodded, making him smile.

I placed my towel on the chair and walked down the dock. I sat down by the ladder and eased my way down until Justin popped up from the water and grabbed my arm.

"Jump in!" he said and yanked me into the water.

"'Justin!" I yelled before I went under. The cold water shooting up my body, sparks igniting on my skin. I swam back up with Justin just looking at me and laughing. I glared at him and splashed water towards him.