Twenty-Two

Aubrey

I woke up the next day, comfy in the bed. I felt something warm wrapped around me, soothing me. My eyes fluttered open as I looked down to see a a pair of strong, tattooed arms around me. I soon remembered my episode I had last night and groaned inwardly. 

I had a nightmare that Mason was back, Justin disappeared and I was suddenly so fearful. The guy who kidnapped, Alex, had teamed up with him and suddenly I felt suffocated. I couldn't breath and once I could, I screamed. 

That's when Justin woke me up. 

I didn't want to move from this position, but I knew we couldn't stay like this forever, no matter how much I wanted to. 

I shifted myself, causing his arms to pull away as he stirred awake, rubbing his eyes. I sat up and hugged my knees to my chest. 

"Morning." I said, a small smile appearing on my lips. 

He returned it. 

"Morning Aubrey." he said in a tired raspy voice making my legs weak. 

"I'm sorry about last night. I kind of have recurring nightmares and dreams. I should've told you before." I spoke up and he furrowed his eyebrows, shaking his head.

"No Aubrey, its fine. You don't need to tell me stuff you aren't comfortable talking about." he said, sitting up. The sheets coming off of him as I realized he was shirtless. 

I looked down for a moment, swallowing the lump in my throat. The sexual tension we had between us could cut. 

I nodded.

"Makes me feel like shit, I ask you questions like I'm a prosecutor." I said, making him smile widely, chuckling and looking down.

"I don't mind. You're just nosy." he said, scrunching up his nose, making me smirk and roll my eyes. 

He looked over at the time.

"Hmm, we slept in a little this morning. I usually don't sleep for more than 4 hours." he admitted. I was itching to ask why but I just pressed my lips together and hummed. 

He looked over at me and grinned. 

"I know you wanna ask why, go ahead." he said, rolling his eyes. 

"Why?"

"What are you a 'prosecutor?'" he asked, mocking me. I gaped my mouth open with a small smile and playfully hit him. He looked over at my gauze on my arm. 

"We should check on that, come on." he said, getting out of bed and ruffling in his stuff. He grabbed a white box and I got up after him. He turned to me, grabbing my wrist and led me to the bathroom.