Four.

Aubrey

I lied in bed the next morning. Still and numb. My body sore from the night before. I didn't want to move. Didn't want to feel the pain anymore. I was so tired of being in pain.

The memories of last night clouded my thoughts. His fingers around my neck. His hands clenching my wrists. His body shifting into mine. His hands roaming everywhere. Him holding me against the bed as I begged for him to stop. His grip as he roughly used my body for his own pleasure.

I winced and shut my eyes tightly, not wanting to think about it.

I felt my phone vibrate under me but I knew it would just be Janet or my parents. Mason went out after practically beating me, raping me, and got drunk. He was probably sprawled out on the sofa, snoring heavily.

I didn't sleep.

How could I with the tremendous amount of pain that I had endured? Who loves this way? What caused him to change? Where was the real Mason? When did I let it get this bad? Why would he do this to me? When did everything just turn to shit?

Every ounce of energy that I had just the other day, was completely gone. I wanted to just lay here for hours, days, weeks. I didn't want to do anything. And because of that, I feel completely hopeless.

*

"God you're so beautiful. I love you, you know that right?" he said, his voice was so beautiful, so light. I smiled and nodded as his warm hand caressed my arm. The sun beaming above us as the wind whipped my hair from right to left. The waves crashing in the distance.

"Come here." he whispered and I did. I felt his hands gently hold my waist as I straddled him. A giggle escaping my lips as he held me tightly in his comforting arms. His lips moving from my neck to my lips. The sweet taste of his lips on mine that made my heart skip a beat.

He pulled back and let out a soft sigh. The feeling so comforting. Bringing me back to the scenery, the moment, the day I gave myself to him. The day he took away my innocence and we stayed here for hours. Talking about everything and anything.

I waited for it to happen just like how I remember. For his fingertips to carelessly slide the strap of my dress off of my shoulder and then ask me, 'are you sure?' And I would nod.

But that didn't happen.

He gripped my waist tightly, in a way that it hurt so I yelled in pain. He pushed me back down on the blanket that lied below us and hovered over me. I felt my breathing pick up as I looked around for any sign of help. No one was there. Just like that same day.

"You are so fucking gullible. To think I could ever love you... Keep dreaming bitch." He spit at me and he roughly removed my dress. I struggled underneath him.

"Mason! Stop! Get off of me! You're hurting me!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. He wore a menacing smirk and before he could do anything else, I heard someone call out my name. His face dropped, as if he knew what was gonna happen.

"Who is that?" I yelled out and suddenly, the weight that hovered of me was gone. Mason was gone.

I looked around quickly and sat up. I pulled my dress back on and tried to look for the person calling my name.

"Aubrey!" The voice shouted for me. Not in an angry or upset way, but like the voice was trying to reach out to me. It sounded familiar but at the same time, it didn't. A feeling of contentment and reassurance washed over me as the voice kept calling for me and I felt myself desperately wanting to find the voice.