Thicker than Water

Life at the comic-book shop was business as usual, albeit a bit slower. Hisashi had gotten used to seeing Izuku show up on an almost daily basis, talking eagerly about the stories he'd read, fiction and non-fiction alike. He'd sometimes tell the kid old storied from his time as a pro. Izuku would be eagerly taking notes and pestering him to reveal what hero he was talking about, or even if the stories were true tales at all. Nowadays, only a handful of people walked through those doors a week. Enough to pay the bills, but the days began to blur together.

The little bell above the door rang, signifying a new customer. Hisashi exhaled and put a smile on his face, and looked towards the door.

The figure that just entered was dressed in a jeans and a hoodie, and a Spider-Man mask.

Hisashi's smile became genuine. This was probably a fan in a costume looking for a comic written about his favorite 'hero.'

'Spider-Man' noticed the man staring at him and waved.

"Hi, how can I help you?"

The fan was quiet for a while after his question, as if deciding what to say.

"...You've helped me enough, Mr. Midoriya... Thanks for everything."

Hisashi froze. He knew that voice.

"...Izuku?"

The figure slowly removed his mask. It was him. Izuku, and he smiled shakily and waved again. Hisashi slowly shook himself out his stupor and began to get closer to the kid and captured him in a bone-crushing hug.

Izuku returned the gesture, hugging the man back. No words necessary.

"Oh, that is heartwarming!"

Hisashi and Izuku turned towards the door. Wade Wilson, in costume, stood there with a grin on his face, and his hands clasped over his chest. The two glared at him.

"Did I... spoil the moment?"

"What do you think?" Izuku almost yelled at him.

"Uhh... Kid, who's that?"

"That is my partner/roommate."

"P-Partner? Hold on..."

"Yep. You're looking at your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man." Izuku chuckled. "We have a lot to talk about."

***

"...He sounds so much like him..."

"What?"

"Hm? Oh. It's nothing. I'm just watching a Spidey video." Uraraka shot her a questioning look. "He's your favorite hero now, right?"

"N-No, it's Thirteen!"

"That's cool."

"A-Are you sure everything's okay? You usually tease me a lot more than that..."

"Do you want me to tease you?" Izumi snapped at her. Uraraka retreated.

"No, sorry..." she apologized.

"No, don't apologize." Izumi sighed. "I'm just a little tense right now."

"D-Do you want to talk about it?" Uraraka asked carefully.

"I- I know I shouldn't, but I somewhat blame my parents for my brother's death." Izumi had confided in Uraraka what had happened, and she was her shoulder to cry on. "My mom just sent me a message. She- She wants to talk to me about Izuku. I'm not sure why."