Float Like A Butterfly

"Battle Training!"

Izumi and the rest of Class 1-A perked up. The first major hero-type activity, after the surprise quirk test on the first day, and it was lead by the number one hero; All Might himself!

"Follow me to the training grounds!"

All Might (reading from a lesson plan), randomly sorted them into groups and pitted them against each other. Izumi and Uraraka would play the part of heroes, and they'd face Iida and Bakugo, who were the villains.

The two heroes stood outside waiting for All Might to give them the go ahead.

"Hey, Yagi?"

"Yeah?" Izumi stopped muttering to herself and turned to Uraraka.

"I just wanted to say, thanks again for saving me during the entrance exam."

"No problem! You needed help, so I helped!" Izumi said, like it was common sense.

'...I-It was no problem! You looked like you needed help, so I helped...'

'Spider-Man' had said almost those exact same words.

"Uraraka? You okay?"

"Huh? Y-Yeah, I just spaced out a little," she said, scratching the back of her head. The starting announcement came, the two nodded at each other.

The plan was, float to the middle of the building, the third floor, then follow the sounds of Bakugo's yelling and explosions to the bomb. After Izumi had gotten first place in the quirk test, with Bakugo not even coming close, he was eager to fight Izumi, to 'put her back in her place.'
They knew Bakugo would come for her first. That meant Iida would hang back to defend the bomb. Uraraka would keep the capture tape ready, and use it to trip him up.

Using their quirks, they floated up to a window on the third floor and entered through a window. As if on cue, the duo heard Bakugo propelling himself with blasts from his palm.

"Above us. Remember, he's coming for me, so you only have to worry about Iida."

Uraraka nodded and went back out the window, using her quirk on herself to float to a higher floor,  just as Bakugo ran into Izumi.

He was silent, but he was angry. Izumi raised an eyebrow. This was new. Bakugo normally never shut up. She kept her guard up and continued to face him. After circling each other for a moment, Bakugo suddenly let out a roar and charged Izumi.

Izumi met him head on. She sidestepped the right hook and smacked him to the ground.

"Izuku always said you always attacked with a right hook first. I've known you for a while, Kacchan. Don't be predictable."

"Shut up and DIIIIIIIIIEEE!" he cried, blasting a shot at her.

Izumi frowned. She knew Bakugo had this really unfortunate habit of screamming out DIE! whenever he let out a large attack. She'd taken a while to get used to it, but now Izuku was dead, the fact that Katsuki threw around the word so casually offended her.

She ducked around a corner and activated her telekenisis, her eyes glowing green. She used the rubble that her opponent's blasts had created, and performed a Psyonic Smash™.

Bakugo, bruised from all the concrete pieces Izumi hit him with struggled to his feet. Showing a supreme lack of foresight, he continued to use his quirk. Izumi  considered continuing to punish him for creating more ammunition for her quirk, but decided against it, in favor of using One for All. She activated the second quirk and green sparks began to flow over her. Bakugo's eyes widened