Unmasked

"Wake up!"

"Hm- oh Eri?" Izuku yawned and stretched. "When did I even fall asleep?"

"When I woke up, you were sleeping," she said. "Where are we?"

"We're at U.A, kiddo," he said, running his gloved hand through her silver hair.

"The hero school?" she asked, and her father nodded. When she started looking around curiously, it melted Izuku's heart with how cute she was being. He suddenly wrapped his arms around her, surprising the girl.

"Ah- Papa?!" she exclaimed, her voice muffled by Spider-Man's chest.

"I'm just so happy you're okay," he said, close to tears. "I- I was so scared when I found out what happened."

"I was scared too, but I knew you would save me," she said, quietly, hugging him back.

"AHHHH THAT'S SO CUTE!"

Spidey turned towards the dorms entrance, and it seemed that the rest of the students were back. Mina appeared to be the one who'd screamed, and it woke up Izumi, who was sleeping next to her brother.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

"Please stop shouting, Bakugo," Izumi said, wincing. Bakugo walked over and got in Izumi's face.

"Make me-"

Spider-Man grabbed Bakugo by the collar.

"Bakugo, I swear, if you don't shut up, I will play out all nine Beethoven symphonies with your skull," the vigilante growled, before pushing him away. Bakugo was visibly shaken, but grunted and backed off.

"How do you come up with those?" Mina asked, internally marveling over the fact that Spider-Man effortlessly shut the brash teen down.

"With what?" the vigilante asked.

"The quips, the jokes, the wisecracks," the hyperactive pink-skinned girl said. "You always have something ready to fire, it's incredible."

"The jokes..." Izuku thought for a while. "I, uh.. I always told the occasional joke, even before I became Spider-Man. I began to do it while fighting, started out as a way to cope, cause I was always terrified. It also pisses off the bad guy. It's like saying, 'Hey, you're not good enough to make me take this seriously.' And when they get mad, they make mistakes, which makes the whole process easier for me. Wouldn't recommend it for you to do. My entire fighting style is based on how fast I am, plus, it's kind of my thing now. Wouldn't wanna have to sue you for intellectual property theft."

"Hey, you told a joke when you were talking to me!" Uraraka piped up. Izuku thought back. She was right, he did tell a joke, albeit a bad one. "Did I scare you?" she asked.

"Talking to a beautiful girl like you? I was shaking  like a leaf." he replied, causing Uraraka's face to flush a hot red, and let out a squeak.

"Smooth," Izumi said, impressed. "I cannot, however, fail to notice that you are talking to her easily now." Izuku chuckled and leaned towards his sister, so only she could hear.

"Oh, believe me, I am freaking out that that line worked. Being Spider-Man for months definitely did wonders for my confidence and self-esteem."

He sat up straighter in his seat, leaning away from Izumi, then he realized that his new classmates had sat down around him, and were now attentively staring at him in silence. He was beginning to get uncomfortable when he noticed Uraraka slowly stick her arm in the air. He sighed in relief.

"You're kidding me with the hand up, right?" A small laugh rippled through the class.

"So why did Yagi hug you like that?" she asked, a strange timbre to her voice.