Coming Into His Own

With a few pointers from his new roommate, Izuku improved his suit. It could now take more of a beating. He was slowly starting to make a name for himself. He got a part-time job to earn money for rent and necessities. He worked a couple days a week. It paid well.

When he wasn't busy, he was out as Spider-Man, day and night, far more than any pro hero was active, and it showed. The first few weeks that he was active, sightings of the new vigilante were plentiful. Eventually, society accepted Spider-Man has an unofficial hero. He was active at night and, unlike most vigilantes, during the day as well.

It wasn't hard to see why people liked him. It isn't like Endeavour would help an old lady cross the road. He was frequently spotted at Heroes' Park. Parents would watch their kids interact with the hero. His favorite thing to do was talk to kids about the pros depicted on the mural.

"Have you really met Endeavour?"

"I have! He's... Well I wouldn't say he's a nice guy. He means well, but can be a bit hotheaded sometimes." 

The little boy cocked his head to upside. He didn't get the joke. His father, who was watching from a nearby bench, heard the terrible joke and poorly stifled a laugh.

"Okay...But why aren't you here?" he asked, looking back at the artworks.

"Uh...I'm not actually a pro hero. You see, I'm what's called a vigilante."

"Can't you become a pro?" the kid asked innocently. Spidey smiled under his mask.

"I'll think about it." Spidey chuckled, patting the kid's head.

Deadpool occasionally joined him on nightly patrols. Spider-Man was very against him going out on his own, as Wade's methods tended to be lethal if left unrestrained. They worked well together, but got on each other's nerves.

"What do you mean you main Little Mac?!"

"What do you think it means!?"

"You disgust me!"

"I- You play Jigglypuff just to piss me off!"

The criminal webbed to the ceiling, an avid Smash player, piped up.

"I prefer Link, actual-"

"SHUT UP!" Both vigilantes immediately silenced him.

And every once in a while, he'd bump into a professional hero looking to 'bring him in.' He'd playfully banter with whoever it was, and once they attacked, he'd attempt to escape, only ever fighting back if escape wasn't an option.

"Hawks! Big fan."

"Appreciate it, Spidey."

"So, um, to what do I owe the honor?"

"You're a vigilante, it's my duty to take you in."

"I see." Spidey nodded, and he put a finger to his chin. "Counter offer, you give me your autograph, and I don't fight back."

"But how can I trust you though?"

"C'mon, pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaase?"

"Okay, okay! Shut it. I'll sign something."

"Nice!" Spider-Man reached into a pocket and pulled out a small notebook that had various signatures in it. Hawks flipped through the pages. Quite a few heroes had signed it. Mt. Lady, Kamui Woods, Midnight, Miruko, Ingenium, and Death Arms had all signed it.

"So are you some kind of player?" Hawks joked. "It seems the ladies like you a lot."

"You jealous?" He teased, carefully replacing the book.