Taken

"I- Okay. Is he okay? That's good. Th-Thanks, May." Izuku put the phone down and stared at the floor, in a state of disbelief.

"Hey, what was that?" Wade asked, referring to the phone call. "You look as white as a skull."

Izuku mumbled something.

"Hm?" Wade furrowed his brow. "Didn't quite catch that."

"They took her."  Izuku repeated, louder, and more aggressively. Wade froze.

"W-What?" he asked, not wanting to draw a conclusion. Izuku looked at him with tears in his eyes.

"They kidnapped Eri, Wade."

***

Hisashi and Eri were at Heroes Park. He and Izuku had to be extremely careful. Izumi still occasionally met up with the Midoriyas, so he could only leave Eri with them during school hours, when he was certain that she was occupied. He was extra certain today. Izumi had mentioned to Hisashi that they had a field trip.

"Daddy made all this?"

"Yup. It's amazing isn't it?"

"It isn't all that great."

Hisashi and Eri turned around to face the source of the voice. The speaker was wearing a green jumpsuit, with golden gauntlets and a cape that flowed with the wind. The most intriguing detail, however, was the glass sphere he had in place of a head. It was full of  a swirling mist.

"Who are you? A new hero?"

"Not anything so crazy, no. You are Hisashi Midoriya, correct?" The man asked. Hisashi narrowed his eyes and stood in front of Eri.

"No, why?" Hisashi asked. He didn't need spider-sense to know that this fellow was dangerous.

The man hummed and put a finger to his 'chin.' He then pointed that finger at the scared girl.

"Really? Coulda' sworn that that's Eri behind you."

The girl's eyes went as wide as dinner plates and she began to shake in terror.

"Get away from us."

The world around the two began to fade away into darkness, as the mysterious figure advanced on them. Hisashi pulled Eri closer.

"No, I don't think I will. The League and I have business with her."

***

"D-Dammit!" Izuku yelled, punching a hole through the drywall. "They took her!"

"I'm- I'm so sorry." Wade apologised, then attempted to console his friend. He pushed Izuku to the couch and sat him down. Izuku calmed down and stared into space.

Was the universe conspiring against him? Sure felt like it.

F.E.A.S.T. was burnt to the ground, because he was angry at All Might. Hisashi almost died. That was one of his lowest points.

He became Spider-Man.

He got his life together, made a crazy but loyal friend, and made the decision to reconnect to Hisashi, and days got a little happier. Found a daughter, and his days got even happier.

Was this is fault?

As Izuku began to blame himself, he realized something. Hisashi was probably blaming himself as well.

It definitely wasn't Hisashi's fault. So why would he blame himself? He couldn't have known villains were coming.

No. This was squarely the fault of villains, and when he got his hands on whoever was dumb enough to plan this...