01.

01.Road Trip Begin

Lawson

"YOU BE CAREFUL ON THE ROAD SON. THERE WAS ALREADY A CULT near you three. I don't want no calls." Dad told me as we hooked up my car to the R.V. before moving.

"I know dad. I'll be careful, we can take turns driving if we need to and we will stop. It's what the R.V. is for." I told him with a smile which he returned. Mom came out holding containers of food making me smile.

"I packed lunch and dinner for you three as well as some snacks, and you know if you guys need anything, we are just a phone call away." Mom told me and I smiled at her.

"I know mom. I'll be sure to call you guys once we leave the state and give you updates as I can." I told mom with a smile.

She set the food down on the hood of my car before coming over and hugging me. "I'm proud of you, for everything now go have fun with Emerson and Reese on this road trip." Mom told me and I smiled as I grabbed the food.

"I love you guys. I should go pick them up now." With that I bid my goodbye to my parents and got in the R.V. after checking everything and drove off to Emerson's.

*

Emerson and Reese were getting the last of their baggage with the help of Emerson's mom. I parked the R.V. and got out.

"Everything is all situated so all you guys have to do is put your baggage in and then we are good to go." I told them and the two nodded before getting their things in. Emerson's mom helped them as I waited for them and turned off the R.V. to wait.

It didn't take too long before we had all of the things packed and Emerson's mom hugged him and Reese goodbye and wished all of us a good trip before we drove off and she went inside once we were down the road.

Reese came up into the front as Emerson laid down on one of the beds in the back. "And here starts the road trip!" Reese beamed at me as we drove out of Emerson's neighborhood.

"That we are, hey Emerson get up here for a moment. I'm going to park to get some gas and then we're going to decide where we are going to go. You guys are welcome to get drinks and take a bathroom break as well." I told them and they nodded.

I pulled into the nearest gas station and parked as the two got out to get some drinks and use the bathroom. I filled up the tank with the money dad gave me since he was called in before we could fill it up.

Once it was filled, I got back in and drove it over to the side and waited for the two.

They didn't take too long before coming back with some drinks and getting in the car. Emerson yawned as he came over and sat down as Reese pulled up a map on his phone.

"So, what sounds good?" I asked.

"We are currently in Virginia so we could go anywhere." Emerson stated.

"I've always wanted to go to Cali. Think that would be a good place to go to?" Reese asked and I looked over the map.

"We can do Cali. It'll be nice. We can go through a bunch of states and sightsee around as we make our way there." I told him and Reese grinned as he leaned back in the seat.

"I'm going to get some sleep." Emerson told us as he left to one of the beds leaving Reese and I in the front. Reese smiled as he took his shoes off before leaning back. I smiled as I pulled off and we started driving.

***

In theory the road trip sounded amazing. A good chance to be free. The theory is correct to a degree. The freedom it gives is nice. No parents, no rules, nothing that limited us. Just the three of us and the road.

The only thing not too pleasing is the sitting there driving part. Thankfully all three of us had our licenses and could take turns. Around two Emerson decided to take the wheel when he woke up as I went to the fridge and took out the food mom had packed.

"My mom packed us some lunch and dinner. For lunch she packed us each sandwich and chips." I told them as I sat down with them.

"What type of sandwiches?" Reese asked.

"Not sure, we all have a specific one." I handed them each their sandwiches and then the bags of chips. The chips it's clear who is for who.

Reese had the funyuns, Emerson had the baked sour and cream chips, and I had the wavy chips. I unwrapped my sandwich and smiled. Mom had packed me a chicken salad sandwich.

I smiled as I took a bite. "Your mom is awesome." Reese said taking a bite of his roast beef sandwich.

"That she is." I agreed and Reese smiled as he leaned back in the seat.

"So, what are we going to do for our first sightseeing adventure?" Reese asked.

"How does a museum sound? I've always wanted to go to one and I'm sure we can pick a nice one, or a park. Maybe a nice restaurant. Or hike a nice trail." Emerson suggested things for us to do and Reese smiled at him.

Something had changed between the two. Reese seemed much softer yet also a bit more aggressive where Emerson is concerned.

I'm not sure what happened, and I didn't intend to press the two on it either. As long as it doesn't affect our road trip, I didn't care what is going on between the two.

"When do we want to do the sightseeing?" I asked kicking my feet up as I took a bite of my sandwich.

"Mm, tomorrow sound good. I think right now we should just focus on putting some distance. Then maybe we can find a nice town to stop in and do some sightseeing in and find a museum." Reese suggested with a smile.

"Sounds good. Just keep an eye out tomorrow for anywhere that looks nice tomorrow." Emerson told us and we nodded. I took another bite of my sandwich and leaned back.

"Good, so if we all have an understanding today is just making distance and then we'll do some sightseeing tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yep, for now we can just drive and relax. You said your mom packed dinner, right?" Emerson asked.

"Yep, I can go check out what she made if you want me to." I told them.

Emerson nodded and I got up and went over to the fridge and took out the Tupperware. "She packed some chicken parmesan and noodles." I told them and they nodded before I decided to go over to the bed.

"I'm going to just stay back here and watch a movie." I told them and Reese nodded as he turned back over. I got onto the bed I had claimed and laid back on the bed and grabbed my tablet and put on a movie.

For now, I could just lay back and relax. We didn't have much to do but a movie would be nice, and mom had rented a few movies, so I had more than enough options to choose from which is nice.

For now, I'm sure I could enjoy myself until tomorrow and then the sightseeing would begin for sure.

We had no idea the danger we were driving to.

1250. Here is chapter 1! Sorry about the long delay, lots of things happened and I've also been sick. Been having some writing block as well, but here's to getting back on a schedule for this book! Hope you guys enjoyed it so far. ***

 ***