06.

06. Complexity of a College Student

Olympia

"SO, ARE YOU GOING OUT TO THE CLUB WITH US OLYMPIA?" Jodene asked.

I looked over at her up from my study guide. Jodene was one of the women who is friends with some of the people I'm friends with. And in this god forsaken place being friends with other people made them think your friends as well.

And I'm unlucky enough to share classes with Jodene as well. She of course happened to be in my English Lit class. Thankfully she isn't in my graphic design.

Having to sit next to her in English Lit is frustrating enough. I never liked Jodene.

"Maybe, I'm not sure. Clubbing isn't exactly my thing." I told Jodene.

Jodene had zero chance of convincing me into clubbing with her. But of course, Delanie happened to be with her. The one woman who might actually be able to convince me into clubbing.

Delanie is the one who introduced me to all of them. She's a pretty girl, about 5'10 with bright red hair and freckles covering her cheeks. One of the first people I met in college, and we shared a major in English Lit.

She unfortunately is also the one who introduced me to Jodene. I never liked Jodene. She gave me bad vibes and seemed to enjoy befriending teenagers in high school.

"We're going to Plush. It's a nice club. I think you'd have fun Olympia. You've spent most of this semester inside studying. Going out one night won't kill you." Delanie told me and I turned to her.

"How big is this club?" I asked.

"Decent sized. Not too big, and I'll buy you a drink as well." Delanie told me.

"I guess I can go for a few hours." I told her and Delanie grinned.

"Good, we are going to Plush this weekend. So be sure to get ready. See you in Lit." Delanie told me before her and Jodene left the library leaving me alone as I sighed.

A club. That ought to be fun.

I returned my focus to my study sheets in front of me. "Just a bit longer than you can go back to your dorm." I told myself before forcing myself back to studying.

***

One of the things I hated about college is dorm life. But it's what my parents could afford. Sometimes you just have to take what you are given. It's what my parents could afford so I'd take it.

My roommate isn't the worst but she's also not the best. We mostly went into mutually ignoring each other.

After a long study at the library, I returned home and went through the cabinet to make something for dinner. I decided on just boiling up ramen. Something simple, but I'd spice it up a little.

As I boiled the noodles I fried up and egg and some chopped up some beef to go with it. I picked pork flavoring, but I preferred beef for meat. Once the noodles were done, I strained and rinsed them out before putting the noodles in the bowl.

Then came the assembly of the noodles with the broth as I mixed it all together with the seasoning and then assembled with the eggs and meat.

I grabbed the bowl and headed to my room.

I was lucky enough to get one of the good dorms with two rooms. The downside is the rooms aren't as big as the one-bedroom dorms, but I got my own room and managed to cram all of my things in while also having space and the ability to walk.

I sighed as I settled down on my bed and wrapped a blanket around me.

College is exhausting. At times I regret ever going, but my parents wanted me to get a degree of some type. Even if it didn't get me any fancy job that paid big bucks. I saw the degree as pointless, but I wanted to make my parents happy. Impress them.