27.

27. The Taste of the End

Olympia

GADREEL'S CAR DOOR WAS LOCKED SO I SCRAMBLED OFF TO THE R.V. instead.

Reese had left the R.V. running and I was quick to throw open the door and get inside. I had my license despite rarely driving. My parents insisted on it. Even if I did the police are the least of my worry.

My worries consist of a pissed off fallen angel and an archangel fighting it to the death. I have no intentions to stick around and find out who wins.

My feet slammed on the gas I sped off and hit the start route on the GPS Reese had set up.

The church soared past the windshield of the R.V. with bursts of gold light coming from behind it. I didn't bother to stop as I soared into traffic before slamming on the gas.

Being in traffic felt like forever. Another loud boom echoed through the sky, and I glanced up at it.

All I need to do is get to my parent's cabin and hide out there. They have food there and there is a store miles out. Lawson also stocked up the fridge so it's not like I'd die of starvation anytime soon.

I have no fucking clue what I'm going to do. I'm all alone now. But I have to do this. I can't just give up now.

I've gotten so far, and Gadreel isn't about to forgive and forget me dipping. My only choices are to run and pray I stay away from Gadreel or hope Michael ends him. Maybe I could just live in the cabin like some of hermit.

I could cut my hair, dye it, I'd fucking change my name if I have to.

The green light lit up the intersection and I began driving. Another loud crack of thunder echoed through the sky.

Emerson and Reese had mentioned a storm would be coming. There had also been thunder right before Michael had appeared.

This sick feeling set into me that this night isn't quite over yet.

Numerous roars of thunder echoed about as I drove through the intersection tapping my fingers against the steering wheel. I needed to get onto those backroads and just power through the night. I didn't see myself getting sleep anytime soon.

The backroads came closer and closer in sight. All I have to do is get to them and everything would be back on track.

Then the car behind me began skirting to the right as something smashed into it and it flipped over. Something pounced onto the car and tore the door straight off.

Screams began to echo through the streets as literal hell broke loose. Some sort of hole had formed in the ground behind, and things were beginning to crawl out of it.

As they joined the sky's thundered above and Gadreel's words echoed through my head.

Welcome to the apocalypse.

That fucker had just set off the apocalypse and a fight between heaven and hell. His words of me having angel blood echoed as well.

Gold light glowed through the dark sky before it ripped open.

I wasn't about to stick around and find out what was going to happen. I hit the gas pedal and peeled out as fast as I could as angels descended to earth and demons crawled out from hell in the last battle. I wouldn't be a part of this shit.

I refuse.

All I need to do is get to the cabin and let this shit play out. At least there if I die, I'd die away from all of this.

***

The backroads were more peaceful than the cities. Within a day the world had begun to descend straight into hell.