08.

08. Pretty Girls, Dangerous Problems

Reese

THE WEEKEND FELT SO FAR AWAY BUT AT THE SAME TIME IT FELT AS IF it was racing upon us.

The feeling is one of discomfort and pleasure. Excitement and dread. Things that shouldn't co-exist, but they do. The rare moment when oil sinks into the water even if just for a moment. Something that shouldn't happen but does.

Like the good type of anxiety.

In a way I enjoy it, but at the same time I hate it. But it wouldn't go away not even on the very day of the club.

Lawson had us in Utah a day before we'd be clubbing. The town the club is located in isn't too big nor too small. Hopefully it'd be enough to keep us under the radar of Gadreel and whoever he may send out.

I didn't know what he wanted out of us, but right now the main goal is to stay far away from him. The last thing we need to do is run into him.

Right now, we need to feed.

And the weekend is upon us.

"So, I'm going to make us a delicious dinner before we go. I was thinking of doing some meatloaf with some sort of side for dinner. You two cool with that?" Lawson asked as he went through the R.V. making sure everything is all hooked up.

"Sounds good." Em answered.

Lawson smiled. "Good. Well, I'm going to unhook my car and make a quick drive to the grocery store, and yes Reese I will text you when I get there, and when I leave. You don't have to worry." Lawson assured me.

I smiled. "See you Lawson." I waved to him as he grabbed the keys to his car and left.

Em turned to me and smiled. "Looks like it's just us now." Em murmured as he stretched out on his bed. Almost cat-like with the way he is lying on his bed.

"Sounds like your excited for us to be alone." I mused.

Em got up from his bed and sat down on mine. I turned over to him just as he gave me a smile.

"Maybe I am. I'd feel like an ass making Lawson third wheel with us." Em told me as he set his hand on mine.

"If Lawson had a problem, he'd say something. Regardless of what's between us, he's still one of our best friends. But don't get it fucked up I do enjoy alone time with you."

Em smiled.

"Mm, I'd say we have about an hour before Lawson gets back. Gives us an entire hour to just ourselves doing whatever we want." Em told me as he swung his legs up into my lap.

"Make-out or pick clothes?" I asked with a cheeky grin.

"How about both?" Em suggested.

All I could do is grin before I leaned over to kiss him.

***

"Your dad picked out a nice R.V. for us to travel in. Hell, if we found a nice town to settle in the three of us could live in it. All we'd have to do is purchase a small plot of land and hook up some bathroom things. This R.V. has an oven." Em gushed out to Lawson as Lawson removed the homemade mac and cheese along with the meatloaf.

"My dad wanted us to be comfortable on our road trip. Only thing that we are missing is the toilets which I'm fine with. We have them but it's a lot of energy."

Everything about the R.V. happens to be appealing and fit our lifestyle. Our current lifestyle at least.

"Well dinner is all done now, it just needs to cool off. After that we can change and get ready to go." Lawson told us as he took down some plates.