22.

22. Coffee & Sunshine

Emerson

"THIS IS OUR LAST DAY HERE; WE'LL BE STARTING UP THE ROAD trip again after tonight." Lawson told Reese.

"Sounds good, I had lots of fun here." Reese told Lawson.

"Good, Emerson and I didn't plan this out just for you not to have fun." Lawson told him.

Reese smiled at him before looking over at me. All four of us were outside the R.V. with our breakfast in front of us getting ready for our last day.

Lawson had taken up breakfast today. He kept things simple by making breakfast burritos for us to eat.

Olympia was seated next to me eating her burrito quietly. She had been very quiet and prone to turning red anytime I came near her since I walked over to her after Reese and I. She also has this look on her face at times that I don't know how to place.

Interest maybe. Although I don't know what she's interested in. She keeps quiet most of the time, so I don't get many chances to talk to her about it either.

"Olympia, do you have anywhere specific you'd like to go today?" Lawson asked turning to her.

"Me?" Olympia asked.

"Unless there is another woman named Olympia then yes you." Lawson retorted.

"I uh, I don't know, why are you asking me?" Olympia asked putting her eyes to the ground.

"Because you haven't really suggested anywhere before and your part of this road trip now. So, speak up now or I'll be picking." Lawson told her.

"Um could we go to a coffee shop or a bakery?" Olympia asked.

"Sure. Eat up and we'll leave in an hour." Lawson told her.

He stood up and took a bite of his burrito before heading inside. Reese smiled at me as he came over and sat down next to me.

I leaned up into him. So far, our road trip has been going very well. I could only hope it'd stay that way.

***

Olympia's café was the first up on our list for today.

Lawson and Olympia were in the front picking out a café to go to while Reese and I remained in his bed with each other. We were just laid back in bed with my legs swung up in his lap while we watched the beginnings of a movie together.

It was a new movie that had popped up on one of my streaming devices. It's not likely we'll finish it now, but it filled in the gaps of time while Lawson and Olympia picked out a café.

"Hey, you two, get ready we're going to be leaving in ten." Lawson called out.

Reese moved my legs before turning off the movie and standing up. He turned to me and offered his hand.

"Come on babe, let's go before those two decided to leave without us." Reese told me.

I smiled as I stood up and followed him out the R.V. and to Lawson's car. Coffee does sound good right about now. It's something I could get on board with.

***

"So, we are going out for coffee and then I was thinking of picking up some things for the R.V. and possibly a walk in one of the nearby trails around here." Lawson told us.

He had just pulled into the café's parking lot when he gave us the plan for the day.

Lawson and Olympia had been the ones to plan out the final day here in this city. After today we'd be heading back out on the road and taking trips by day and enjoying the scenery.