10.

10. The Added Baggage

Emerson

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT REESE?" FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG time Lawson was angry.

Out of us three Lawson is always the more levelheaded. He comes up with solutions faster and can mediate situations and not takes sides the way I would. But now he looked pissed.

I couldn't blame him though. It's hard to when there is some random woman passed out in the back seat of the car with you.

Lawson had made Reese sit in the front leaving me in the back with the woman Reese had picked up. And he didn't pick her up in a good way either. I think all of us would've preferred him trying to take her home then what he did.

"What was I supposed to do Lawson? She wasn't going to come willingly, and he was already looking." Reese answered.

"Reese, you knocked her out. Like, you didn't barely even touched her and you knocked her ass out." Lawson turned over to him as he sped up.

"How about we wait to be in the R.V. before we start arguing. Because that was Gadreel back there. You know the FBI man who we're certain is hunting us?" I reminded them.

Lawson sighed before nodding.

"Don't think this is over Reese, we still need to talk." Lawson told Reese.

"Wouldn't expect you to forget it." Reese muttered as he leaned his head against the window.

The car ride returned to silence. I turned over and looked at the woman Reese had knocked out. She was asleep peacefully on my jacket which I had laid down for her.

She's pretty even though she's passed out. She had long brown curly hair and pale skin.

I had come out just as she appeared at Reese's side screaming about something. And then we saw Gadreel which led to this whole fiasco.

Reese never came off as someone dangerous. I mean he can have a temper when provoked, but kidnapping is never something I thought he'd do. I could see physical assault, but kidnapping had been out of question.

But here I sat in the back with a woman Reese had kidnapped. None of us even knew how he knocked her out. He grabbed her by her arm and she was out like a light.

Maybe she passed out. That is the much nicer version that I'd like to agree with.

Soon enough we arrived at the R.V. sight and pulled in next to our R.V.

"Emerson, get her inside, I'm going to get the car hooked up and sorted and then we're leaving."

Lawson stepped out of the car, and I got out before turning to the woman. I gently lifted her up before walking over towards the R.V. and getting her in. I have no idea what Lawson's plan is, but I hope he has a good one.

I have no idea how she is going to react when she wakes up.

I'd assume she'd freak. Most women would freak waking up somewhere foreign with a bunch of men. They'd think they were kidnapped and probably on the way to be murdered and trafficked.

Reese technically kidnapped her, but he didn't have any bad intentions.

He didn't intend to murder her or traffic her into something bad. He had good intentions. She had come running right from where Gadreel had been. Which meant that he could be after her. That makes her a target of some sort.

I set her down on my bed and set my blanket over her.

I sat down on the bed next to her before waiting for the two to come inside. Lawson got everything hooked up before him and Reese came back in.