04.

04. Road Downwards

Lawson

REESE AND I SETTLED ON UTAH FOR A GOOD DESTINATION TO drive to. There is a nice number of things to do there. A lot of nature trails and such.

Emerson seems to enjoy those. Anywhere he could take nice pictures with he seems to enjoy. His mother bought him a camera and he's been happy since then. At the museum he took a bunch of pictures in the sections that allowed them.

All three of us took turns driving over the days.

Once we were a few states away we eased the hauling ass we did. The few states away ended with us in Kansas. We began to enjoy the ride before deciding to relax for a day or two.

We found a cheap R.V. park and took my car off. We ended up in some town called Hope. Reese ended up scrolling through his phone for some places to go to.

In the end we found a nice park for us to go to and then somewhere to eat at. There was this nice barbeque place that also had a few other options for us to eat. We first went off to the barbeque place to pick up some food.

Emerson got himself a barbeque pulled pork sandwich with a side of homemade mac and cheese fried okra.

Reese got himself a fried chicken sandwich with some chicken tenders then some onion rings.

I got myself barbeque ribs with the collard greens and some cheesy French fries.

Once we had all our food we went to the park and set ourselves up at one of the picnic tables as I began taking out the food and handing everyone their respective food to eat.

"This smells delicious." Emerson grinned as he opened his box revealing the pulled pork sandwich with his baked mac and cheese and then the fried okra.

I handed Reese his food before taking out my food from the bag.

I opened the box up and smiled at the ribs. They smelled delicious and everything looked heavenly. I began eating my ribs as we all began to eat in comfortable silence with the aroma of the delicious barbeque filling the air.

The barbeque place had their own homemade barbeque sauce which is perfect. It was neither to sweet nor too spicy making it delicious and not runny nor so thick that it wasn't good. I'd definitely give this place a five-star review later.

Emerson was the first one to finish his food before he grabbed his camera and left to go take some more pictures.

He really did enjoy taking pictures of anything that looked pretty. His card would no doubt be filled up. I knew he had a few of them though from his mom. I saw him looking through them.

No complaints from me though. As long as we are all enjoying the road trip, I could care less what we do. Including the thing between Emerson and Reese.

I wasn't that blind. I saw the two kissing and Emerson getting awkward after it. He seemed embarrassed at the fact that he had been caught with Reese. He didn't talk about it much and always seemed flushed at the mention of it.

I got a few things out of him, but Reese was much more open.

I wasn't surprised by it. The tension between those two was so thick that you could slice it like butter. I'm not sure what occurred between the two, but something did change their teasing protective friendship to a romantic and sexual attraction.

As long as it didn't affect all three of us, I couldn't care less.

Those two were my best friends, my only friends and I don't know what I'd do without them. Whether we liked it or not us three were in it for real. No getting out of this one without each other.