14.

14. Books & Bitches

Emerson

THE BOOKSTORE IS WHAT TOOK THE LONGEST OUT OF OUR TRIP into town. Which none of us minded.

Olympia seemed very content amongst the many shelves of books. She had gone through the entire store looking at all of the titles. She even went into aisles I didn't expect to find her in. Which included nonfiction as well as the spiritual-self-reflection section.

Olympia didn't seem like the type to be into witchcraft. The most I'd guess would be astrology. Astrology is cool though. I saw her glimpse through them before moving on.

She seemed the most interested in fantasy and the romance section.

Olympia seemed cautious when looking at the prices of some of the books which led her to the flash romance section. The books of a smaller size and text with a cheaper price. As expected, I found her looking at books about shifters and vampires.

In the end she grabbed three books of the romance section and then one more expensive book on folklore.

Lawson decided to get some more hours in driving before we'd stop for the night. We were taking extra precautions now that Olympia is with us.

We didn't need to run into Gadreel or anyone that is with him. That would be the worst turn of events that we could encounter.

Which is why Lawson choose to push forward and not wait in the city we stopped in. None of us complained about it.

Olympia was currently curled up in my bed with a book open.

Since she had been here, I had been sleeping with Reese. The beds were twin sized, but we managed to make it work. If it got too uncomfortable, I could always sleep in one of the chairs. So, far things had been great though.

We hadn't had any close encounters in awhile which made things pleasant. The last encounter with Gadreel had been at the club which Olympia had gotten the biggest encounter of.

I'm not sure what the plan is, but it seems to just be to run until we can't run anymore. It seems like a good plan. I'm not sure what else we could do at this point except just enjoy our road trip. Then we'd circle back.

The only other option is to get caught by Gadreel which didn't sound promising. What would he do to us when he got us?

We had no idea, and I had no desire to find out if we could die. That sounds like the opposite of pleasing.

"Okay, we're going to be stopping here for the night."

Lawson pulled into a parking lot for us to stop in. They didn't require pay and as long as we weren't there too long, they wouldn't care about us stopping there.

If we were staying in places for a longer period of time R.V. parks work best but they do require money.

Lawson turned off the R.V. before coming into the back. He went into the bathroom to get changed. Olympia popped up from the bed and looked over at Reese and I before putting a bookmark in her book and setting it down.

"Um, do you guys have anything for snacks?" Olympia asked.

"Yeah, there should be some trips and a few packaged baked goods in that cabinet." I told her pointing at the one next to the stove.

"Thanks."

Olympia got up and went over to get herself a snack.

Reese looked over at me and smiled.

"I'm going to take a shower and then head to bed." Reese told me.

"Okay."

Reese stood up and walked into the bathroom just as Lawson came out wearing his pajamas which consisted of a loose tank-top and some sweatpants.