23.

23. Memories to Last Forever

Lawson

WE SETTLED ON A PARK ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF THE CITY THAT IS connected to a few trails.

Emerson and Reese were out near a small pond standing together while Emerson snapped pictures of the pond. This left Olympia at my side walking aimlessly on the trail. She remained quiet while sipping her extra-large coffee.

Olympia had been the only one not to finish her drink and dessert at the café but assured us she was fine doing it at the park. This resulted in Olympia wandering around while sipping her drink.

I walked over to Olympia who glanced up from her drink.

"So, how are you liking the road trip?" I asked.

Olympia took a sip of her drink before smiling. "It's been nice so far, um, thank you for buying my coffee." Olympia thanked me.

"Of course. I just want you comfortable. I am truly sorry about getting you dragged into this. I'd like your experience with us to be as positive as possible. Considering everything that's happened." I told her.

"Thank you, Lawson. That means a lot to me. I guess I lucked out having you three instead of others." Olympia smiled.

"Yeah, we're not perfect, but we do try. Um, if you need anything I can get it for you." I told her.

Olympia nodded. "Where are you guys going after California?" Olympia asked.

"Probably back around and towards the lower section of America, maybe close to Mexico. We actually discussed maybe going into Mexico." I told her.

"Oh, um, I don't have a passport if you guys do decide to go to Mexico." Olympia told me.

"Oh, that's fine. I mean if you want to go, we can arrange getting you one." I told her.

Olympia smiled. "That's nice of you to offer." Olympia murmured.

We had walked a little bit down the trail at this point with Emerson and Reese out of earshot, but I could still see Emerson looking over at the pond.

"I'm all about comfort around here if you can't tell." I told her with a small laugh.

Olympia smiled.

"Hey uh, could I ask something of you?" Olympia asked.

"Yeah, sure. I don't mind. Is it anything bad or something?"

"No, uh, not really. Um, are you capable of doing that thing that Emerson and Reese do?"

"What thing?" I asked.

"The um, uh, it's that thing they do when they touch people." Olympia answered.

"The charm talk?" I asked.

Olympia nodded.

"Yeah, I can do it. I'm not very experienced at it like Reese is, but I used it at the club to make it easier to feed. I assume you know about us feeding right?" I asked.

"To a degree."

"Well, we feed now, Emerson thinks we're sex demons. After the whole cult sacrifice, we got very sick and weak and having you know sex helped. After that we've had to do forms of feeding. Why are you curious about the charm talk?" I asked.

"Um, it was about me." Olympia murmured.

"I haven't used it on you if that's what you're asking. I don't think any of us have done it with the intention to. You don't have to worry about us." I told her.