03.

03. The Issue

Emerson

"I DON'T THINK IT WAS JUST A COINCIDENCE THAT THEY WERE AT THE same museum we were at and mentioning your car." Reese finally spoke after we hit the highway.

"You're sure they were with that FBI agent?" Lawson asked.

"I am, they had black eyes, I'm not paranoid Lawson, I'm just trying to look out for us." Reese was quick to defense.

"I'm not doubting you Reese. I trust you on this. Doubting and pitting us against each other is just letting them win. We need to be smart; I know we all saw that agent Gadreel. I'm not sure what he was, but he wasn't human." Lawson told Reese.

Reese nodded. "What do you suggest we do?" Reese asked.

"We put miles between us and that town. That is the only thing that I can think of. . . are you good Emerson?" Lawson asked turning to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just thinking." I answered.

Reese smiled at me. "Gadreel is the name of a fallen angel, he's supposed to be the one who deceived Eve, according to a book at least." I told them.

"Do you think we have a fallen angel hunting us?" Lawson asked.

"I'm not sure. We don't know, him but he could be or just idolizing him. I also don't want to stop to find out. Putting distance is the best thing to do. We should also try our best not leave too many tracks as well. They don't seem to know we have an R.V. so that is one step further, but I think we'll be good on the road trip as long as we are careful." I told them.

"Good, because I think I'd rage quit if we had to return." Reese responded as he flopped down onto the bed.

"We'll continue the road trip, anyways I think our parents would be suspicious if we came back right away, so we'll continue this for as long as it's safe, a few months at minimum. Speaking of parents, I have to call mine so let's all just remain calm. We'll get through this no issue." Lawson remained a voice of reason.

In our little trio we did our best to complement each other and have good roles. Lawson had always been a voice of reason.

Reese came over and sat down with me as Lawson called his parents to talk to him.

"Are you okay?" I asked and Reese nodded.

"Yeah, I'm good Reese, just thinking about today." Reese answered and I nodded. In the front Lawson was talking to his parents and giving them a check-up. He remained quiet about the encounter at the museum.

It's not like we could exactly tell them about demons and not them show up to drag us off to a psych ward. At times being clinically insane seemed better than having to deal with demons. . . and possibly being one.

It felt daunting and as if the entire world is caving in around us and we had no choice but to push forward.

Emerson laid back and sighed.

"So, we just driving now?" Lawson asked.

"Yeah, just take directions to a few states away from here. Just do our best to put distance between us and whatever is back there." Reese told him and Lawson nodded.

"Do we want to stop for the night or take turns at the wheel?" Lawson asked.

"Uh, I think we can drive till 3am and stop. Or until we get tired." I broke my silence with the answer.

"Sounds good. We can just eat some food from the fridge and anything my mom might've picked." Lawson told us and we nodded as I sighed before settling down into the bed. All we could do is hope that we'd leave them back in that town.