02.

02. Big Town Troubles

Reese

THE THREE OF US ALL TOOK TURNS DRIVING BEFORE PULLING INTO A R.V. friendly place for the night. There were three beds just a few inches bigger than a twin, but smaller than a full-sized mattress.

We all picked a bed and unpacked our comforters and pillows before getting into bed. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep.

*

Around nine in the morning Lawson woke me up to tell me he was going to start driving.

"I'm also going to look for somewhere to stop for breakfast, I feel like a nice breakfast from a good restaurant should be nice." Lawson told me and I nodded as he went up to the wheel and started the R.V. after checking everything then driving off.

I stayed in bed before grabbing my phone and checking the time and any of my notifications. So far there were no text messages. I had blocked all my mom's contacts and any form of social media as well so she couldn't contact me.

Blocking her had been the best decision I had made in my life. It may not fix what she had done to me, but it's a start.

I spent the rest of the ride in bed before deciding to get up to get dressed. Em was still curled up with his blanket around him sleeping. He had one of his pillows between his thighs.

I smiled at him before grabbing some clothes and heading into the bathroom to change and use it. Once done and having washed my hands and combed my hair I went out to the front seat and sat down.

"So, any restaurants that have sound appealing?" I asked.

"Actually, there is, but it's about forty-five minutes out. We're stopping at a nice town and there is a museum as well, so it's a win-win situation. We just have to find a restaurant; I was thinking one that is family owned or at least not a cooperation restaurant. Food will probably be really good." Lawson told me.

"Sounds great." I told him and Lawson nodded as he drove off.

We spent the next forty-five minutes listening to some of the music on the radio and watching the trees fly by. We were out of our state now which is a relief. Putting road behind us had been the best idea yet.

Soon enough Lawson arrived in the town and began searching up a restaurant before finding one.

"I'll go wake up Em and get him ready to eat." I told Lawson and he nodded as I got up and went over to Em.

"Hey Em, it's time to get up, Lawson is going to be stopping and we'll be getting breakfast." I told him.

Like usual Em woke up decently easy. He is a mix of a light and heavy sleeper. He'll sleep through most things until you start talking to him, then he'll wake up to see what's going on.

"Mm, okay, I'll get dressed." Em murmured rubbing his eyes before getting up and stumbling to the bathroom after grabbing some clothes. I smiled at him before going back over to where Lawson was seated just as he pulled into a parking lot.

"The Egg and the Chicken." Lawson stated with a smile.

"Sounds good." I murmured and Lawson smiled.

"It does, I can't wait to get some breakfast, we can also get some dessert to eat or take with us if we want." Lawson told me and I nodded.

As he turned the car off Em came back out and grabbed his bag. "Ready to go eat?" I asked.

Em nodded as we all piled out of the R.V. and locked it before Lawson grabbed his card for, he could pay for the meal. We all went in and went to the hostess and waited to get seated.