26.

26. Angelic and Demonic

Olympia

I WANTED TO CRASH INTO THE DIRT AND CRY, BUT I COULDN'T. My body refused to obey me.

I was exhausted with grief, first from seeing Lawson die and second from dooming Emerson and Reese to the same fate. Everyone I care about is dying around me and I feel like the cause' of it.

Emerson wouldn't even let me stay with them. He used his fucking charm talk and made me leave. I enjoyed the feeling of it before, but now it was like every form of free will I had was taken.

I wanted this all to be some sort of sick nightmare. I wanted to wake up still in the R.V. with Emerson, Lawson, and Reese alive. They didn't deserve what happened to them.

How did this day go from happy with my dumbass kissing Lawson to witnessing death and an actual demon in the flesh?

Lawson told me they were demons, but it was surreal to me. I knew they weren't lying, but they seemed more like angels. And then I saw Gadreel snap Lawson's neck without even touching him confirming all my worst fears.

I ran in the direction of a church. I hated those places, everything about them makes me uncomfortable. But they might be my one safety from Gadreel.

If demons exist angels have too as well. And in a place of holiness, he shouldn't be able to enter.

I ran to the church as fast as I could with sobs wrecking through my body. I didn't even know if the church would be open, but I didn't care. I didn't even care who would be in it or if it was an abandoned church.

I needed a sanctuary away from all of that.

I had no idea what to do. I'm miles away from home, miles away from college, and way far from the cabin. There is nowhere for me to go but this church and then to Gadreel.

I was ready to get on my knees and beg Emerson and Reese to just cooperate with Gadreel. It stung like a bitch what he had done to Lawson. I was much closer to Lawson than any of them, but I didn't want to see any more death.

But I knew by now Emerson and Reese were dead.

I'm the only one alive.

I threw open the doors of the church and ran inside. The doors slammed behind me as I ran into through the center divided by the pews. No one was in the church which is both a relief and a curse. There is no one to run to but running to someone might doom them as well.

I got behind the stand and wrapped my arms around myself.

What was I to do?

I couldn't fall asleep and wait out Gadreel. There is no way I can fall asleep with what happened and how close Gadreel is.

All I could do is huddle to myself and pray he would leave.

Who would I even pray to? If God was real, why wouldn't he have interfered by now. Surely, he should see one of his once angels terrorizing all of us. Or did he damn Emerson, Lawson, and Reese because they were demons.

Do I pray to the angels instead? Or would that just make it worse.

My thoughts were cut off by a bang on the door.

I hope whatever is out there stays out there. It's obvious I'm the only one who I can rely on. The three other people who I could trust to save me had died. They were dead by now.

God wasn't going to save me and if this is his plan, he can shove it up his ass. The angels weren't coming either. Nothing was coming for me except the fallen angel demon thing outside.