18.

Mature Content Ahead
18. It's Always Sunny in Cali

Emerson

WE HAD JUST BOUGHT OUR FOOD AT SOME BURGER PLACE AT THE FOOD court when Olympia had reappeared.

I was taking a bite of my cheesy fries when I saw her. She looked shaken and a bit frightened. She had her arms tugged closely to her in her jacket and her gaze to the ground as she hightailed it over to the three of us.

"Everything okay?" I asked when she got over.

Olympia looked up her hazel eyes meeting mine.

"Uh, yeah. Just saw someone that freaked me out a little." Olympia pushed her hair behind her ear as she silently took a seat.

"Like the club?" Reese asked.

"No, just this lady in a store. Someone religious."

Reese nodded.

"Do you want anything to eat?" Lawson asked her.

"Um, yes please."

Lawson motioned for her to follow him. This left Reese and I alone at the table with our food. Reese looked up from his burger and gave me a small smile.

"So do you think she's telling the truth?" Reese asked.

"Yeah, I don't know why she'd lie. I mean religious people can be pretty scary and dicks. I don't really remember having much friendly interactions with religious people." I told him.

Reese nodded.

"Guess I'm just a bit cautious." Reese murmured.

"No worries. I understand, don't want her running into any demons and not catching the signs."

Reese nodded.

On cue Olympia and Lawson returned back to us with Olympia having food in her hand. She had selected a burger and fries similarly to the rest of us.

She quietly sat down at the table with us and began eating as the two of them rejoined the group.

"So will we be stopping to buy anything?" Lawson asked.

"I was thinking of buying a new outfit for the road." Reese answered.

"Cool, well before we go back to the R.V. I'd like to pick up something to make for dinner. I was thinking since we are at an R.V. site we could use one of the grills nearby. How does steak sound?" Lawson asked.

"Steaks sounds delicious." Reese murmured.

"Same with him." I added.

Lawson smiled. "Olympia is steak good?" Lawson turned over to Olympia who had remained eating her fries quietly.

"Oh, uh, its fine." Olympia kept her gaze downwards as she picked up fries to eat.

"If you don't want steak that's fine. I can pick you up something else to cook." Lawson told her.

"No, uh, steak is fine. Could you get a pasta side dish to go with it though?"

"Sure, anything specific you have in mind."

"Anything with cheese, but no broccoli, I don't like broccoli."

Lawson smiled. "I don't think anyone at this table likes broccoli, so you're good there." Lawson told her with a smile.

Olympia nodded.

"Okay, well we just have to finish up our food and then we can continue on with the mall." Lawson told us and Reese nodded.