chapter 5: the reunion

[ i apologize if there would be any errors ( grammars, spellings and such more ). ]

JONATHAN'S POINT OF VIEW

"What door-" Heather asked then I cutted her off as I pressed the door bell.

"Hold on, someone's at the door." She continued then I chuckled as she walked towards the door.

"Well hello to my favorite girlbestfriend!" I said as I smiled and she opened the door then she did a huge gasp.

"JONATHAN!!" She shouted as she exclaimed and she pulled me in for a hug then I hugged her back.

"I missed you so much! It's been a long time since we meet up face to face." She said in joy as I chuckled then we released from hugging.

"I know! That's why I had to surprise you in here!" I said as I smiled.

"I'm still in shock that my lovely boybestfriend decided to travel all the way from my old city to my hometown." She said as she chuckled and I chuckled back

"Anyways, come in please." She continued as I nodded and went inside then she closed the door.

"Well thank you Miss Heather, but just so you know I will only be here for a couple of days if that's okay with you." I said as I put down my backpack onto a chair then we walked towards the living room.

"Of course, are you staying in a hotel or-?" She asked as she frowned.

"Oh wait, I forgot about that part." I replied as I groaned then I did a facepalm as she laughed.

"Jonathan Partridge, you didn't change your forgetful side, did you?" She asked as she laughed.

"W-Well yeah, but don't tell that to anyone." I replied then we laughed.

"But, you can stay here in my apartment until you travel back." She said as we sat down on the salas.

"Please, I don't want to be a burden to you and to your apartment-" I said then she cutted me off.

"You aren't Jon, we have been bestfriends for so long and I don't want you to pay an expensive hotel room when you have my apartment to stay for a couple of days." She said as she looked at me.

"Thank you so much Heather, I promise in return I will take you out to a cafe or dining area nearby and the payment is on me." I said then I winked and she chuckled.

"It's okay Jon, your presence is enough for me." She said.

"Come on, it's your birthday in three days I don't want to sit around and just greet you a happy birthday after your offer." I said as I looked back at her.

"Alright, alright, I don't want to push you further, but just because you said so." She said as she chuckled.

"Of course, that's what bestfriends are for." I said then she smiled.

Couple of minutes later, we went to the guest room as I brought my backpack then we had our dinner and we talked about so many things.

Next day

"Well, well, well, look what we have here. Jonathan Partridge cooking breakfast, now that is shocking." Heather said as she walked towards me and I looked at her.

"A lovely boybestfriend like me doesn't want his girlbestfriend to cook for her guest a breakfast, plus he wants to be a kind person for once." I said as I looked back at the pan with a grin then she chuckled.

"But seriously, thank you Jon for-" She said as she smiled then a phone call cutted her off.

"I-I'm sorry, I gotta take that. Do you mind substituting for me?" I asked then she nodded and she did so as I walked away.