chapter 40: confession & quitting

[ i apologize if there would be any errors ( grammars, spellings and such more ). ]

[A/N: Play "Favorite crime" by Olivia Rodrigo for the following part.]

AVIOR/RAFAEL'S POINT OF VIEW

"Sure, what's up?" I asked as I frowned then he let out a deep sigh.

"I've been wanting to tell you this for a long time already but I just couldn't find the right time until the day we reveal ourselves to each other." Zane said as he looked at me then I did my confused face.

"Hold on, a-are we actually revealing ourselves to each other..today?" I nervously asked.

"Y-Yeah, that's why Travis sent us the portal notification." He replied then I slowly nodded.

"But anyway, I hope nothing will change between us both after this. I just need to let it all out before it's too late." He continued as I did my confused face then he let out another deep sigh.

"I-I like you. I really like you, Avior." He said then I frowned.

"Not as friends, not as users or as a team member, but more than friends. I-I realized that feeling back on our first day. I knew from that moment that I am falling for you. I-I am gay and I am not ashame of it."

Damn it. What should I say? How can I tell him that I am in love with the lady of my dreams? How can I tell him in a way that it won't offend him? Am I a bad person once I reject him? What does he see in me that makes him fall in love with me? Am I really that flirty or kind to others? Too many questions to ask but the problem is only I can answer those. I just don't know how especially when this is the first time someone confessed their feelings to me like that.

"Z-Zane, I.." I said as I looked down then he pulled me in for a kiss and before his lips touched mine, I pushed him back.

"I-I'm sorry, I swear. It's just—ugh, how can I say this?" I nervously asked as he looked at me with a frown.

"Look, you don't have to hide that you're straight. I understand that Avior-" He said as he sighed then I cutted him off.

"N-No, I mean—yes, I am a-actually. But, the thing is.." I nervously said as I started shaking.

"It's reveal day for the users, isn't it? And you know, I hate facing consequences." I asked as I stood up infront of him and he slowly nodded in confusion.

"I think it's best that I will reveal myself then I'll tell you my personal life, so i-it will respond to your c-confession." I continued as I sighed.

"By the power of..Magicia, I ask to transform me back as Rafael." I said then I closed my eyes as I detransformed.

Zane gasped as he saw the real me, my secret identity, the person behind Avior. I let out a deep sigh as I looked at him.

"Here I am Zane, my name is Rafael McAdams and I had no choice but to do this, I didn't want to hurt you like that because you are such an amazing person. And since I am already detransformed, I-I think it's best to tell you this right away." I said as I looked down.

"I-I am in love with someone in the real world and h-her name is Heather Vespaire. I-I am really sorry Zane, I didn't want to hurt you feelings like that, I promise." I continued.

"It's okay, I understand but you still have something else to know." He said as he stood up then I did my confused face.

As he was supposed to talk, Lauren interrupted him from behind as they walked towards us.

"Hey every—Oh my Rafael, y-you're-" Lauren said as she gasped.

"Detransformed, I-I know, Lauren." I said as I sighed and they arrived to where Zane and I are.