chapter 7: Romeo Jr.

[ i apologize if there would be any errors ( grammars, spellings and such more ). ]

RAFAEL'S POINT OF VIEW

Hi. I'm Rafael McAdams, but most of the people around me call me Romeo Jr., since I've been bringing my Grandpa's name ever since. Let's say I have a normal life within my 19 years of existence. But, mostly depressed ever since my parents died when I was younger. As years go by, my Grandpa and I live together in my greatgrandparents' house.

Right after the pandemic of the Coronavirus ended, Grandpa and I moved out and lived across the country since he must stay in an senior citizens' place as I stay in a college dorm and to keep us away from the enemies my Grandpa and his friends once faced. Every Friday, my Grandpa and I spend some time together in the outside world. Right now, we just got out from the mall.

"Thank you once again Grandpa for the graduation gift, it really means a lot to me." I said as I looked at him and smiled.

"You're welcome Rafael, you deserve it after all the hardwork you have gone through in your high school years." My Grandpa said as he chuckled.

"Oh, by the way, I still have to buy some medicines next to the nearest bar." He continued.

"Its okay, we still have enough time for me to cook dinner at the dorm." I said as I nodded then we walked to the pharmacy.

As my Grandpa and I passed by the bar next to the pharmacy, an angry lady walked out the bar then we bumped each other.

"Scram!" The angry lady said then she went to the opposite direction.

"It's sad to think how some adults in this generation are rude even to the people they don't know." My Grandpa said then I nodded and I turned at the bar.

I immediately spotted a guy trying to seduce the lady next to him. As I was supposed to go inside, my Grandpa called me as he waited outside the pharmacy.

"S-Sure, Grandpa." I said as I sighed then we went inside the pharmacy.

As the minutes passed by, I couldn't stopped thinking on what is happening between the guy and the lady inside the bar. I don't have any choice but to take an action about it, so I looked around and find my Grandpa.

"Hey Grandpa, m-my friend a-asked me something about what is inside the bar next to this pharmacy-" I said then he cutted me off.

"Sure Rafael, go ahead, I wouldn't mind at all." He said then I nodded and left.

I'm sorry Grandpa, but I have to lie to you. I may not know the lady, but I don't want anything to happen to her. Besides, I am not too late to fix this mess. I immediately went inside the bar and I walked towards them.

"Enough with your flirty attitude, Jonathan." The lady said as she sighed then the guy placed his hand on the lady's shoulder.

"Of course, I-" The guy said then I cutted him off.

"You bastard! Don't even dare to touch her!" I yelled at him as I pushed him to the ground that caused him to fell down from the chair then the lady immediately stood up with a gasp.

"What the hell are you trying to do to me, stranger?!" The guy asked in anger as he slowly stood up.

"Hey! Whoever you are, don't you dare hurt him!" The lady said as she pulled me backwards.

"Trust me Miss, I've seen drunk men like this to innocent ladies like you, I can handle this." I said as I looked over her.

As the guy stood up, I immediately punched him in his jaw and the people in the bar gasped as well as the lady.