chapter 19: different povs

[ i apologize if there would be any errors ( grammars, spellings and such more ). ]

HEATHER'S POINT OF VIEW

"It's complicated." Juliet said as she sobbed.

"It's complicated, I-" I said then I immediately covered my mouth as I realized what I said.

"Heather? Heather, are you home?" Rafael shouted from outside.

"Who is that?" Lauren asked as she looked at me.

"U-Uhh, m-my boyfriend—I mean, I don't know what he is t-to m, b-but he is in between the friend and b-boyfriend zone, you know?" I nervously replied then I did a nervous laugh.

"J-Just take care of those earrings of yours and see you in the weekend." Lauren said then I nodded and she went back to her portal.

"Yes, I'm here!" I said as I shouted back and I opened the door.

"Hey Juliet, are you okay? I'll talk to you in a few minutes, okay?" I said as I whispered, touched my earrings and I walked to the door.

"S-Sure, Heather." Juliet said then I released my fingers from my earrings and I opened the door.

"Hey princess! There wasn't traffic on the highway, that's why I arrived so early than I expected." Rafael said as he chuckled.

"G-Great! D-Did you read my text?" I asked as I smiled and he went inside.

"O-Oh, you texted?" He asked as he pulls out his phone from his pocket.

"It seems like my phone died when I was on the way here. What was on your text by the way?" He asked as continued as he tried to turned on his phone then he looked at me.

"I-I was sort of asking if you could buy some ice cream around the corner-" I replied as I looked back at him then he cutted me off.

"Oh sure, I could get ice cream if you want to-" He said as he puts down his backpack and walked to the door then I stopped him from walking as I grabbed his arm.

"No, it's okay I could just buy some ice cream in another time." I said as he looked at me.

Then there it happened. We stared at each others' eyes just like in some romance movies where they will soon end up kissing and kissing and—wait, what am I even saying? He isn't planning to kiss me, right? But then, he slowly leaned in as I started shaking like I wanna push him away, but at the same time, wanted to kiss him—then bang, we got a notification at the same time in our phones which cutted off our moment.

He did an awkward face as we pulled out our phones from our pockets then the notification I got is from Juliet saying..

What did you said about you not in the lovey dovey section at the moment? ;)

"Who is that?" Rafael and I asked at the same time as we looked up at each other.

"M-My dog." He replied at the same time as I did.

"I-I mean, my b-bestfriend." We nervously said then we faked a laugh and looked back at our phones.

At this point, I don't even know if you're actually guiding me or stalking me 🤦🏻‍♀️ I texted back.

"I-I better get going to my room a-and arrange this stuff." Rafael said as he chuckled.

"Oh yeah, you will be using the guest room for awhile." I said as I looked at him and he started walking through the hallway.

"Sure then." He said then he left and sighed in relief.

I went to my room and I looked at my phone then realized it's already Thursday then I touched my earrings to communicate with Juliet.