chapter 12: what happened?

[ i apologize if there would be any errors ( grammars, spellings and such more ). ]

HEATHER'S POINT OF VIEW

"I know I've been keeping secrets from you but i-if you could tell me why, I might help you through with it." Jonathan said as he looked at my hand.

I suddenly felt nervous as Jonathan reached out for my hand and said those words. I don't know what might happen but it did seem like  it won't end well.

"Wh-What do you mean, Jon?" I worriedly asked as I looked up at him then he sighed.

"Are you okay?" He asked then I did my confused face.

"O-Of course I am, what do you-" I replied then he cutted me off.

"No Heather, I'm asking if are you okay? Including on what you feel deep inside of you." He worriedly said then I sighed.

"Honestly, I am doing better ever since I transferred schools, Jon. It felt like I'm finally free from all the negativities, problems, heartbreaks and such more that I've been through. I think everything started during the moment the stranger's grandfather asked me if I know him but afterwards, I didn't bother to think about it more." I said as I looked down.

"But the moment Rafael called me and talked to me about his feelings for me ever since nineth grade, I-I felt speechless until now because the guy I've been admiring for months secretly likes me. To the point that he waited for the right time to confess to me. I-I'm not saying that I don't appreciate h-his confession because I really do and it sounded sincere and genuine."

"As soon as he stopped talking, I heard v-voices in my head like I've heard the same confession that Rafael told to me, but mostly of his point of view of me and him. I don't know why, but my shaking o-or nervous side went back. Either because of the confession Rafael and the voices in my head are identical or because I-I was scared to fall in love again and do the same exact cycle." I said as I started tearing up.

"B-But, do you still like or admire him, Heather?" He asked as I wiped my tears then I looked at him.

"I-I don't know, Jon." I nervously replied.

"Everything is going to be okay Heather, you just have to tell Rafael what you really feel and I'm sure he will understand you." He said.

"But, what if he won't, Jon? What if I will be making a huge mistake? What if-" I panickedly asked then he cutted me off.

"Don't think of the 'what ifs' Heather, you are an understanding, considerate, kind hearted and the most amazing girl I've ever known. If he won't understand you at all, then let him be and its definitely his loss to let go of a girl like you. Every guy would be so lucky to have someone like you in their life, Heather." He replied as he placed his hand on my cheek and I looked at his hand.

"J-Jon, what are you doing?" I nervously asked as I looked at him.

And that moment, we stared at each others' eyes. I knew what would happen next, just like in some ordinary romantic novels and movies. But, this is real life, and my guybestfriend is about to-

"Miss Vespaire." The doctor said as she went inside and we zoned out then Jonathan removed his hand from my cheek.

"O-Oh my bad, am I interrupting something?" She asked then Jonathan cleared his throat.

"N-Not at all Doc, w-what is it all about?" I nervously asked as I looked at her.

"I wanted to say that your tests are doing good and if you wanted to talk to someone about your mental illness-" She replied then I cutted her off.